Liking Comments

Got a suggestion/question? We would love to see them.
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Liking Comments

Postby Gee Bone » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:16 am

Wouldn't that be cool? Everyone makes good points about the series on this website, so I would like to show appreciation sometimes. So, would this be possible?
“HANDLE ENOUGH BALLS AND EVENTUALLY YOU'll GET THE MONEY SHOT” “GET IT?” “BALLS?”
MetallicKaiser
Made in Heaven

Re: Liking Comments

Postby MetallicKaiser » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:09 pm

SaintKrimz wrote:Wouldn't that be cool? Everyone makes good points about the series on this website, so I would like to show appreciation sometimes. So, would this be possible?

Idk, those type of systems tend to be abused alot, especially on reddit. It turns posts into forms of pandering and decides who is more "right" or "wrong" depending on the amount of votes they get. It usually ends up cutting down actual discussion. I think just stating your appreciation of their post gets the job done.

However, given how small our community is, it may not be that much of an issue, so whatever works.
Last edited by MetallicKaiser on Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Yeah, whatever works.
“HANDLE ENOUGH BALLS AND EVENTUALLY YOU'll GET THE MONEY SHOT” “GET IT?” “BALLS?”
frankzappa
Made in Heaven

Postby frankzappa » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:14 am

no no no no no noooooo NOOOOO!

like and upvote systems are the most cancerous things on the internet. express your support or disagreement with words not some annoying point system.
ImageImageImage
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:23 am

Even better idea, liking threads.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:34 am

Nabu-san wrote:Even better idea, liking threads.

Liking threads? Hmmmmm.
ls57tiger
Overlord

Postby ls57tiger » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:31 am

MetallicKaiser wrote:
SaintKrimz wrote:Wouldn't that be cool? Everyone makes good points about the series on this website, so I would like to show appreciation sometimes. So, would this be possible?

Idk, those type of systems tend to be abused alot, especially on reddit. It turns posts into forms of pandering and decides who is more "right" or "wrong" depending on the amount of votes they get. It usually ends up cutting down actual discussion. I think just stating your appreciation of their post gets the job done.

However, given how small our community is, it may not be that much of an issue, so whatever works.

I agree with MetallicKaiser. As long it is positive appreciation then it is ok. I really do not like people expressing negative opinions and give trolls more reasons to post. I don't want to end up like YouTube's commenting system or reddit's.
x_x

Are you THE UNDEAD... no, I am an engineer.

Return to “Suggestions/Questions”