Jonathan's Stand

Let's discuss about the first three chapters of the manga...

What kind of stand do you think Jonathan would've had?

Similar to "The World"
58%
Similar to "Star Platinum"
7%
Similar to "Hermit Purple"
26%
Similar to "Crazy Diamond"
2%
Similar to "Gold Experience"
7%

Total votes: 163
JoJoFan
Newborn

Jonathan's Stand

Postby JoJoFan » Sun May 21, 2006 9:31 pm

I'm just curious to see what you all think.
JOJO AC
That's very Standish

Postby JOJO AC » Sun May 21, 2006 9:35 pm

Isnt The World originally Jonathan's stand?, maybe if he would of awoken his stand powers before he died his stand might have a different head, but everything else should be the same.
gilrules2000
Evolved Stand

Postby gilrules2000 » Sun May 21, 2006 10:35 pm

i think the world is his stand, considering it is his body and star platinum shows the same abilities meaning that it was a family trait...that showed up like 4 generations later when all the stands were activated.
check out KO-Scans at: http://www.ko-scans.com
JoJoFan
Newborn

Postby JoJoFan » Sun May 21, 2006 10:48 pm

Yeah, I know that "The World" is basically Jonathan's Stand but I thought of this: "The World" is similar to "Star Platinum" probably because Jonathan & Jotaro share the same blood line. But Joseph is closer in blood to Jonathan than Jotaro is But "Hermit Purple" hardly has any similarities to "The World" OR "Star Platinum". So that's the main reason why I came up with this poll. Adding the other stands ("Crazy Diamond", "Gold Experience", & "Stone Free") was just to see if people had other opinions.
JOJO AC
That's very Standish

Postby JOJO AC » Sun May 21, 2006 11:41 pm

That may be true, while Hermit Purple does not look like The World or Stat Platinum, Dio does have the Hermit Purple abbility, you can see Dio using this power in the manga.
Luca
Stand User

Postby Luca » Mon May 22, 2006 1:51 am

hi, I'm Lucas, another ex-lurker. member now^ ^

I voted for "similar to crazy diamond." Jonathan is a dyed-in-the-wool gentleman, might have developed some kind of healing stand.
Plus Hasn't Dio gradually evolved the World as he wished to overcome everthing, even time? well after he absorbed Jonathan's body ;) ? Jotaro's willpower, levelled up Star platina to cope with Dio, rather than family trait ?

I thought, originally, Hermit purple was Jonathan's stand, if anything. Interesting poll.
HANTXOICHI
Stand Warrior

Postby HANTXOICHI » Mon May 22, 2006 4:06 pm

But Jonathan is HUGE, and he is "kick your ass" tipe. So i think The world is the answer.
All your JoJo`s are belong to me.
Erathia
So, how's your head?

Postby Erathia » Mon May 22, 2006 4:34 pm

I assume it's closest to Hermit Purple, as early on you can see Dio using a Hermit-Purpleish type stand (or having decided to dress in some sort of plant that day), so I would have taken that as what Jonathan's stand would have been. Once Dio gained "full control" of Jonathan's body, he could use The World to its full power, leading me to suspect it's his stand.

Remember, Joseph could channel Hamon through Hermit Purple, so it would make sense that Jonathan would have a stand that could do something similar.
Well, I finished my Death List... now I need a new hobby.
Gin-Ryu
Evolved Stand

Postby Gin-Ryu » Mon May 22, 2006 5:22 pm

Well....Jotaro has a World type stand so does Giorno and Josuke so if and IF somehow we were to see Jonathan's stand it would be a World type but only if he's the main character otherwise it could be any kind of stand.
Erathia
So, how's your head?

Postby Erathia » Mon May 22, 2006 9:03 pm

Gold Experience isn't actually that similar to The World. It doesn't look similar apart from the hearts, and it is actually quite weak in combat, but its Life Giving ability makes it SEEM like it hits a lot harder than it actually does.
Gin-Ryu
Evolved Stand

Postby Gin-Ryu » Tue May 23, 2006 3:18 am

True you could call it a variation but it's still very similar in my view, another option would be because of Jonathan using Hamon the Stand could be diferent like the Hermit but if Jonathan was the main charactar I bet he would have a World type Stand.
Erathia
So, how's your head?

Postby Erathia » Tue May 23, 2006 9:33 pm

But there's no reason for him to have one. Personality-wise he's still closer to Joseph than Jotaro... though really I view him as CLOSEST to Giorno if anyone.
Gin-Ryu
Evolved Stand

Postby Gin-Ryu » Wed May 24, 2006 4:31 am

But Giorno is like 1/3 Dio if you will.
Erathia
So, how's your head?

Postby Erathia » Wed May 24, 2006 3:08 pm

Yes but it's the personality that shapes the stand. Look at Enya and J.Geil, they're mother/daughter and their stands have almost nothing in common.
Gin-Ryu
Evolved Stand

Postby Gin-Ryu » Wed May 24, 2006 3:41 pm

Well Dio is fucking crazy and Jotaro and the rest of the heroes are "normal" and they still have similar stands, there could be another theory Dio's dominance over Jonathan changed the original Stand therefore The World was born. So Jotaro's Stand could have been another one if Dio never had created The World.
jojonounderworld
Space Jockey

Postby jojonounderworld » Wed May 24, 2006 7:24 pm

I voted for the World because although I think that Dio changed the stand (to become more powerful because of his will to dominate time), the base abilities and look of the stand must have come from Jonathon. Unless Enya hit Dio with the arrow somewhere on his head or neck . . .
"This man is here because he does not want to die. He believes you can give him more life" -David 8
「無事 ナプキンをとってくれ」 「もちろんだ.ありがとう」
「俺は人間をやめるぞ!ジョジョ!」
Erathia
So, how's your head?

Postby Erathia » Wed May 24, 2006 8:15 pm

Again though, it's Dio who is in control of the body. He fully masters The World after gaining dominance over Jonathan, so clearly Jonathan was SUPPRESSING the full extent of his powers.

Stands are determined by the people, not the body.
jojonounderworld
Space Jockey

Postby jojonounderworld » Thu May 25, 2006 11:02 am

But you know that blood has something to do with stands, hence the fact that the Joestar bloodline has powerful stands that are awakened by their blood-relations. Jonathon's blood, if not his body, had influence on the World.
"This man is here because he does not want to die. He believes you can give him more life" -David 8
「無事 ナプキンをとってくれ」 「もちろんだ.ありがとう」
「俺は人間をやめるぞ!ジョジョ!」
Erathia
So, how's your head?

Postby Erathia » Thu May 25, 2006 10:29 pm

Yes... it was suppressing it. Dio keeps talking about having to overcome Jonathan to fully activate The World.
Gin-Ryu
Evolved Stand

Postby Gin-Ryu » Fri May 26, 2006 4:12 pm

Well Araki made some erros with the Stands and the Arrow thingie so trying to figure out a way of how Stands are concieved is a bit useless. Although Jonathan's Stand could be The World but maybe less powerfull?

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 1-2-3”