DIO final exam boss?

Let's discuss about the first three chapters of the manga...
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

DIO final exam boss?

Postby Nabu-san » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Something that too isn't too common for final enemies in shonen genre where usually the hero uses the lastest upgrade he's got to defeat the last boss, but here with DIO, Jotaro instead used every skill and tactics he's deployed during his journey:

-Stand rocket, using the power of Star Platinum to fly at high speed and manoeuver too, like against Yellow Temperance to reach a high place, or boosting his jumps against N'Doul, increases Jotaro's agility during the final fight so he's not a sitting duck.

-Placing objects unnoticed was the first skill SP demonstrated, using his stand's tremendous speed and a fair bit of distraction, Jotaro has a magnet placed on DIO's bracelet as a decoy.

-Bluffing, used against Daniel J. D'Arby, made DIO uncertain about whether or not he was dead or not or even if he could stop time.

-Faking weakness, used against Dark Blue Moon, he faked being in a weak position to drop DIO's guard, here being unable to stop time.

-Being wary of projectiles, learnt against Wheel of Fortune, made him take the necessary precautions to counter DIO's knives throwing.

-Channeling SP though his body, learnt from Polnareff who uses it fairly often, countering DIO shooting at him to enforces his apparent death.

-Throwing skill, used against N'Doul and Arabia Fats, uses Star Platinum's great strenght to attack from afar, followed by...

-Highspeed manoeuvering, like with N'Doul, Jotaro uses the confusion he creates to stealthily approach his opponent, here DIO rolling over the street.

-Using the underground, like with ZZ, Jotaro travels underground to get the drop on his enemies.
- And ORAORA? Well Jotaro's been perfecting his stand rush since the beginning, notably against Anubis, so he trained his close combat skills, making it so SP isn't overwhelmed by The World, a stand wielded by Dio, a very good boxer, and which does perform quite a lot of boxing skills, like jabs (jabs that break the sound wall), and evading blows by moving the head.

Tell me your opinion on this, and maybe you did spot more things that I missed?
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
frankzappa
Made in Heaven

Re: DIO final exam boss?

Postby frankzappa » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:28 pm

STAR FINGA!!!

would have liked to see that.
ImageImageImage
Shihart Joestar
Evolved Stand

Postby Shihart Joestar » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:12 pm

I'm adding this to my headcanon, what a great analysis! People tend dismiss Jotaro as a boring character that never loses but this is a very good reasoning, even though I think Star Platinum protects him no matter what, like when Jotaro attempted to shoot himself and SP stopped the bullet and when he stopped his heart SP also pumped it back to life but other than that I think you didn't miss anything
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Joker
Evolved Stand

Postby Joker » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:19 am

Yeah, it's really cool to see this kind of thing in Shonen. It really emphasises how much the hero has been through and what they've learned.

Watching the battle, it reminded me of when Jonathan figured out how to get past Dio's freezing ability after seeing Dire fight him.
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:40 pm

I don't know what else to add but that I like it. Both characters properly bring their A-game in this fight; even DIO takes the time to try and lop off Jotaro's head even after he's made sure that Jotaro's heart isn't beating, and even before that, he's well aware of The World's range which is why he opts to throw those knives at him rather than go in close and risk another debilitating attack from Star Platinum.
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:21 pm

I agree with this. It's a very nice theory.
“HANDLE ENOUGH BALLS AND EVENTUALLY YOU'll GET THE MONEY SHOT” “GET IT?” “BALLS?”

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 1-2-3”