So what about Kakyoin's family?(SPOILERS)

Let's discuss about the first three chapters of the manga...
Nameless_One
Stand Warrior

Postby Nameless_One » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Didn't he remove his eyesight or something? There was one panel where he removed a small disc from his head.
justajoestar
Soldier of Light

Postby justajoestar » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:53 pm

do I have to say? THIS POST AND IMAGE LINK IS SPOLEROUS TO PART 6!

OK? Ok.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9766/pic0001tz3.jpg

He placed those discs to remove his own sight.
HOW? WHEN? MINI DISCS? HOW DID HE KEPT THE FIGHT ALONG WITHOUT SEEING?

Ask Araki.

Araki Sensei should have one of those "youtube shows" like "ask a ninja" or "ask an emo"...I bet he's have great success in it.
Timtas
Stand Warrior

Postby Timtas » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:34 pm

justajoestar wrote:THE SPOILER WARNING GOES ON!

Why it didn't affect Pucci? because heavy weather's power is subliminal. it only affects you when you can see it. Pucci have already seen and understand how it works(after Perla(or Petra or whatever her name is in the translation you look at) died) and Pucci was "blinded" when he saw "the rainbow".

SPOILER DESU

So if Annasui closed his eyes Wes would have defeated Pucci?
Z Sabre User
Stand Warrior

Postby Z Sabre User » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:39 pm

I so much need learning italian X_X
diavolofan
Stand User

Postby diavolofan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:36 pm

SPOILERS GALORE!

Even if he can't physically see, isn't his stand able to send images to him? I mean, I'm thinking Star Platinum and the amazing fly in the dark here, or scouting when N'dool attacked the helicopter.

Or Manhattan Transfer, for that matter.
justajoestar
Soldier of Light

Postby justajoestar » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:57 pm

SPOI.......yeah, if you're still in this thread, you don't care anymore,
right?

manhattan transfer can detect people, but can't see the refraction of light. that's what heavy weather uses.
but if most cases go: you hrt the person, you hurt the stand, and vice-versa, then if Pucci deliberatly blinds himself, White snake would go blind too.

and the star pla case you mentioned, jotaro wasn't with eyes closed, he was just too far to see, and his stand have this "telescope/microscope" sight.

So if Annasui closed his eyes Wes would have defeated Pucci?

maybe... but there's still the question: Pucci removes the mini discs and still is unaffected. is it because he knows of the subliminal message?
(much like real subliminal messages, when someone points it out for you, your brain "memorizes it" and even years after it, when you see it, you can still spot it)...
so, if that's the explanation....why when Pucci tells this to Annasui, it still affects him?

I still say, Araki haven't thoughof it a lot before writting it down...
Nameless_One
Stand Warrior

Postby Nameless_One » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:07 am

Since this discussion is about Heavy Weather, expect lots of possible errors in this post.

Aren't the rainbows spots where Wes affects the ozone layer somehow to change the refractive index of the sun, which in turn causes the people who step in them to see subliminal messages of themselves turning into snails?

Wow, that's a long sentence.
ack44
Wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Postby ack44 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:12 am

justajoestar wrote:He placed those discs to remove his own sight.

Yea, that came as a surprise. I guess since he can remove both "memory" and "ability", eyesight counts as an ability.
justajoestar
Soldier of Light

Postby justajoestar » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:36 pm

*scratching my chin*

huummmmm...makes *some* sense....or at least it's an excuse XD

Aren't the rainbows spots where Wes affects the ozone layer somehow to change the refractive index of the sun, which in turn causes the people who step in them to see subliminal messages of themselves turning into snails?

Yup. heavy weather can change the smaller parts of the molecules, or something( I'm not good in chemical, phisics, whatever... XD) that's how he saved the universe (kinda).

saved the universe

this sounds like a 80's "Super Friends" catch phrase....
Timtas
Stand Warrior

Postby Timtas » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:35 am

ack44 wrote:

Yea, that came as a surprise. I guess since he can remove both "memory" and "ability", eyesight counts as an ability.

Is there a freaking limit to what he can remove? Can he freaking remove your breathing or remove your your ability to piss?

justajoestar wrote:
Yup. heavy weather can change the smaller parts of the molecules, or something( I'm not good in chemical, phisics, whatever... XD) that's how he saved the universe (kinda).

saved the universe

this sounds like a 80's "Super Friends" catch phrase....

He didn't save the universe kinda, it still got remade D:
I also don't think that heavy weather had anything to do with the Universe being remade, because that's what the whole Pucci thing was about, trying to remake the Universe :\
Kagami
Moshi-moshi? Hai! Doppio desu!

Postby Kagami » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:44 am

Timtas wrote:
ack44 wrote:

Is there a freaking limit to what he can remove? Can he freaking remove your breathing or remove your your ability to piss?

Probably just your five senses. Just think he removes your ability to think or to walk.
justajoestar
Soldier of Light

Postby justajoestar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:40 pm

He didn't save the universe kinda, it still got remade D:
I also don't think that heavy weather had anything to do with the Universe being remade, because that's what the whole Pucci thing was about, trying to remake the Universe :\

OK, SPOILARZ! DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF FINAL BATTLE ON PART 6

highlight to see

you got me wrong. he "saved" because he defeated Pucci from making his ideal world (with replacements for everything he disliked, including the Joestars, and that's why we see the "Bizarro jolyne & jotaro" when the universe colapses the first time.
when Pucci starts to fight with Emporio, he speeds up time again, and sets to kill emporio, remake the universe AGAIN with a replacement for emporio.
BUT, Emporio uses the disk and Weather report puts an excess of oxygen in the air. this PLUS the time being accelerated, causes the air poisoning that stops Pucci, alowing Weather report to BASH him into nothing.
Since time was already speeding.....the universe collapses and "re-boot" again....

Checking memory.....
256.450 mb.... (the universe is friggin' slow)

checking HDD
OK

and THEN the universe comes back to normal, but this time, without the existence of Pucci, and Emporio is the only one to remember

SPOILARZ ENDS HERE
Demon Days
Stand User

Postby Demon Days » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:29 pm

Well, one good thing came from the universe being reset- Irene (Jolyne) doesn't look like a man anymore.

Could someone explain the subliminal messages thing to me please?
justajoestar
Soldier of Light

Postby justajoestar » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:34 pm

Well, one good thing came from the universe being reset- Irene (Jolyne) doesn't look like a man anymore.

Irene looks gorgeous! ;)

Could someone explain the subliminal messages thing to me please?

ahn....it's all over this topic... give a read to the lastest posts
diavolofan
Stand User

Postby diavolofan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:53 pm

Irene looks gorgeous! ;)

It took me two readings to figure out this pun. :smt002
Nameless_One
Stand Warrior

Postby Nameless_One » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:15 am

I like weird Stands, so here's what (I think, can't be sure) it does:

I don't know if you've noticed, but if your mind believes in something too much, it would actually really happen. If someone here watches House, there was some episode a while back where the passengers in an airplane thought an epidemic is breaking out, and their bodies start showing symptoms because they believe they've been infected too. Of course, they really are fine, it's just that their minds are too bent on believing that.

I think what Heavy Weather does is to alter the ozone layer surrounding the Earth somehow, so that the refractive index (a property of materials that determines how much light bends when it goes through them) of the light from the Sun gets changed. This manifests in the form of rainbows that appear out of nowhere. If someone steps into this rainbow, the refractive index will cause them to "see" themselves turning into snails, even though it's just a hallucination. Because of this, their minds believe that they really are, and so of course they also perceive themselves as snails.

Pucci overcomes this by removing his eyesight somehow, which is why he can crawl around the snails and not get affected. To compensate, he (again somehow) takes control of Annasui and uses him for vision purposes.

Again, may be wrong. Just what I got from what I've read.
Timtas
Stand Warrior

Postby Timtas » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:50 am

Nameless_One wrote:I like weird Stands, so here's what (I think, can't be sure) it does:

I don't know if you've noticed, but if your mind believes in something too much, it would actually really happen. If someone here watches House, there was some episode a while back where the passengers in an airplane thought an epidemic is breaking out, and their bodies start showing symptoms because they believe they've been infected too. Of course, they really are fine, it's just that their minds are too bent on believing that.

I think what Heavy Weather does is to alter the ozone layer surrounding the Earth somehow, so that the refractive index (a property of materials that determines how much light bends when it goes through them) of the light from the Sun gets changed. This manifests in the form of rainbows that appear out of nowhere. If someone steps into this rainbow, the refractive index will cause them to "see" themselves turning into snails, even though it's just a hallucination. Because of this, their minds believe that they really are, and so of course they also perceive themselves as snails.

I saw that episode :P

That's a good theory, but I thought Pucci already saw the rainbow?
Nameless_One
Stand Warrior

Postby Nameless_One » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:24 am

Maybe you have to step in it for it to work, although that won't make sense.
Demon Days
Stand User

Postby Demon Days » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:21 am

Ohhhh, I get it now. Okay, thanks for the help, all.
ack44
Wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Postby ack44 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:49 pm

Some stuff you don't really want to think to hard about. Like Oyecomova's skin coming off in SBR vol 4. It's surrealism.

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 1-2-3”