JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:The Animation EPISODE 22 DISCUSSION

Discuss new or old Jojo animations here! New season premiers 4/4/14!!!

Moderator: Brosef Brostar

nobd
Stand Warrior

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:The Animation EPISODE 22 DISCUS

Postby nobd » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:51 pm

looool amazing episode

great art and animation

some great animators works in this episode like Shingo OGISO and Hironori TANAKA ( key animation in bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist)

naomi nakayama, ex-madhouse staff, directed the last jojo's ep. Guessing her & shuichi hara are partially responsible for the notable staff.

:boing :boing :boing
Anarchistguy
Beginner

Postby Anarchistguy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:06 pm

nobd wrote:looool amazing episode

great art and animation

some great animators works in this episode like Shingo OGISO and Hironori TANAKA ( key animation in bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist)

naomi nakayama, ex-madhouse staff, directed the last jojo's ep. Guessing her & shuichi hara are partially responsible for the notable staff.

Lol Weren't you the one who was worried about the art of this ep last week?
nobd
Stand Warrior

Postby nobd » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Anarchistguy wrote:
nobd wrote:looool amazing episode

great art and animation

Lol Weren't you the one who was worried about the art of this ep last week?

yup now i believe the preview not everything to Judge the episode

keep going David :clap
Nina
Made in Heaven

Postby Nina » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:45 pm

DP has gotten so much better with the animation and art in general. I guess it's mostly a matter of the animators getting used to drawing the characters. :D

Stardust Crusaders will be glorious with that grown skill combined with a possibly bigger budget.
ThePachyon
Made in Heaven

Postby ThePachyon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Emphasis on bigger budget, this was an interesting episode, I felt the CGI while not that great the direction/cuts were quick and well shot enough I was never bothered by it for long, and there were several spurts of great animation throughout. Enough for me to say I think its much better then Phantom Blood (with the exception of episode 1 on bluray and episode 8) The pacing in this episode was REALLY good too, so I am not upset if it ends a bit early if it means we get episodes like this and 20 for the remainder of Battle Tendency.

If they take a break and there is a budget increase, I think we'll be in for quite the delectable animated treat. I guess at this point I just wish we could get confirmation/air date for Stardust at this point. I wonder if it will start airing before All Star Battle comes out.
Aeon
Beginner

Postby Aeon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:26 pm

Great episode! I can't wait for the subs!
Even if BT isn't over yet, I can't wait to see SDC!!! :star-p :world
Silentsurvivor
Made in Heaven

Postby Silentsurvivor » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:24 pm

ThePachyon wrote:If they take a break and there is a budget increase, I think we'll be in for quite the delectable animated treat. I guess at this point I just wish we could get confirmation/air date for Stardust at this point. I wonder if it will start airing before All Star Battle comes out.

I don't think there will be a break anymore. Next week we'll know for sure really. Either we'll get a confirmation next week or the next one on Jump or something like that, or we'll know by just analyzing the anime's pacing... As it is now it's already kinda confirmed though. Since at least 26 episodes are confirmed and the 10.5 chapters lasting of Part 2 really aren't material to fill 4 more episodes, judging by today's episode, 26 is pretty much Part 3 already.

I'm starting to think it's all planned out, like so: episode 25 being the Part 2 finale and episode 26 being the first episode of Part 3, both of them on a single BDVD volume... Since the end of Part 2 ties in directly with the beginning of Part 3.
Killer Queen
Made in Heaven

Postby Killer Queen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:13 pm

The shot of the sledgehammer trick was the coolest.

Sometimes I forget this is in the 30's with all the pulsing techno.
Weewer
Made in Heaven

Postby Weewer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Killer Queen wrote:The shot of the sledgehammer trick was the coolest.

Sometimes I forget this is in the 30's with all the pulsing techno.

I find the techno somehow fitting, I don't know why, maybe it's Jojo's whackiness. All I know is I loved Wham's first Holy Sandstorm.

Cant wait to see the ep, how are those subs going?
Actual PSN: Weeeler
ImageImage
MetallicKaiser
Made in Heaven

Postby MetallicKaiser » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Thoughts on episode:

They did use a little too much CG, but the only part I didn't like about it was when the characters were cg. The horses actually looked better with it.

It definitely seems like they spent a little less of the budget on this episode, what with all the still shots, CG, and quite a few lazy face designs, but it definitely felt long, which is a good thing.

There was a crapload of music in this episode, and most of it was stuff we hadn't even heard before. Wasn't new songs, but more the other half of the songs.

None of the other stuff matters because that ending was perfect. FINAL MODO.
ThePachyon
Made in Heaven

Postby ThePachyon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 pm

There a few well animated bits. :kakyoinc Like Joseph jumping onto the chariot, and we got some nicely angled/drawn faces. It mostly made up for it not being as good as episode 20 (definitely up there for me with episode 13 and 14 as episodes i loved)
blind51de
Made in Heaven

Postby blind51de » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:06 pm

ThePachyon wrote:If they take a break and there is a budget increase, I think we'll be in for quite the delectable animated treat. I guess at this point I just wish we could get confirmation/air date for Stardust at this point. I wonder if it will start airing before All Star Battle comes out.

I wish.

Unfortunately, there's no reasonable way they can't end at 24 episodes. Which doesn't add up unless they decide to cancel the 9th BD volume.
http://spwsubs.blog.fc2.com/
柱柱‥ご存じ柱?
Killer Queen
Made in Heaven

Postby Killer Queen » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:31 am

MetallicKaiser wrote:None of the other stuff matters because that ending was perfect. FINAL MODO.

Somebody should make a caption of Wham saying "This isn't even my final mode".
ThePachyon
Made in Heaven

Postby ThePachyon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:48 am

Maybe Stardust crusaders will be on the 9th bluray? doubtful, hmm perhaps it will go 25? It could just REALLY slow down/lengthen the fights. There's what 9 chapters left? If they went 3 chapters per episode they could do 25.

I don't mind it being 24 honestly, so long as the anime continues.
Wyvern-Ventrue
Newborn

Postby Wyvern-Ventrue » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:12 am

The CG didn't look bad at all and wow, they fit a lot of the fight into one episode!
I suppose it's safe to assume that we're getting Stardust Crusaders in episode 26.
mrsticky005
Stand User

Postby mrsticky005 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:20 am

If they need more material without getting too much into Part 3 they could have an episode with

1. The Comeback
2. Dio's Coffin
3. Aztec Sacrifice
4. Sneak peek of Jotaro Kujo
5. Sneak peek of Dio Brando

I'm sure if they wanted to they could mix something together and get us hyped for Stardust Crusaders if they plan to do it.

Which of course I hope they do.

Question: Do you think David Productions can reach or surpass the level of art and animation in the Part 3 OVAs?
ThePachyon
Made in Heaven

Postby ThePachyon » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:33 am

Episode 20 for me was roughly on par with it, not as good as episode 5 (animation direction by Satoshi Kon), but way better (IMO) then the 2000s episodes and the Vanilla Ice animation. So I think they could if every fight oriented episode looked as good as 2012's episode 20. As far as capturing the fabulous/comedy and character designs I generally prefer the 2012 show honestly. I am hoping we'll finally see a fabulously PINK kakyoin on the level of the Capcom sprite among other amazing things. But do I expect the animation genius of the car chase or 20m range emerald splash? No, but I think because when it comes to fluidity 90s anime is usually superior. It's really hard for me to fairly compare a 6 episode OVA to a long running late night anime.
nobd
Stand Warrior

Postby nobd » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:03 am

Question: Do you think David Productions can reach or surpass the level of art and animation in the Part 3 OVAs?

Impossible :nope

every episode from ova took more than 3 month

and the staff lool its just super ,enough to say the best director in madhouse Satoshi Kon work in ova
Nina
Made in Heaven

Postby Nina » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:16 am

The OVA was kinda inconsistent though. Some episodes looked really great but some a bit iffy.

I feel like the direction (just overall though, some episodes of the 1994 OVA were fantastic like the D'Arby one and the one directed by Kon) and style of this anime is miles above the OVAs but they had generally better, less cartoony art that.
Silentsurvivor
Made in Heaven

Postby Silentsurvivor » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 am

blind51de wrote:I wish.

Unfortunately, there's no reasonable way they can't end at 24 episodes. Which doesn't add up unless they decide to cancel the 9th BD volume.

Actually there is. I tried calculating so it would end at episode 24, but it's impossible. Next episode would have to be almost 6 chapters long and then episode 24, 5 chapters. If they wanted to end in episode 24 they would have rushed it a little bit more in the beggining or when the pillar men awoke, that was only 3.5 chapters.
Besides it doesn't work like that, if it was going to end in two weeks we'd know it already. They don't troll people like this.

Return to “Jojo Anime!”