JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:The Animation EPISODE 24 DISCUSSION

Discuss new or old Jojo animations here! New season premiers 4/4/14!!!

Moderator: Brosef Brostar

Silentsurvivor
Made in Heaven

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:The Animation EPISODE 24 DISCUS

Postby Silentsurvivor » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Nope, Neptunia begins in August, this summer, and it'll be one cour only. WB could just hire more people to work on the Jojo anime since the money must be overflowing right now.

Frankly, anything is possible, so I'll just wait and see what happens in the next two weeks.
ThePachyon
Made in Heaven

Postby ThePachyon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:13 pm

I like the way you talk. I'm willing to wait so long as it means a Stardust Crusaders anime that's even BETTER then Battle Tendency was production wise (which for me was still fairly enjoyable). Honestly as "overrated" as some think part 3 is, and as amazing as BT was, I just adore the fights in part 3, I'm so hype. And of course its how I got into JoJo, so now I just have a lot of nostalgia building up inside.
Last edited by ThePachyon on Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Abandoned Mine
Stand Requiem

Postby Joe Abandoned Mine » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:12 pm

For those who didn't see, here's the Ultra Jump CM: :duwang

Edit: I didn't see the link was already here, sorry :gonk
Image Image Image
Shin777
Stand Warrior

Postby Shin777 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Excellent episode. The music at the start of Joseph and Kars fight was awesome! And by the gods, that preview!! :joseph2

If they announce part 3 for real I'll be happy enough. Even though if they announce a break it will be kinda unbearable, it's definitely better than "nope, no more JoJo anime".
And honesly I don't think part 3 is overrated, it's just that damn good. One of the so many things I like about JoJo it's that the quality is all over the entire damn manga run. I can't for the life of me say that any part is overall not good enough.

A little off-topic: You know when you have that sudden realization about something that was in the back of your mind and you just couldn't make the connection? And when you do realize it you get that sense of relief? So yeah, When he burnt the scarf off I finally realized that Joseph's (or JOJO's, in this case) clothes from the Capcom fighting game were from this part all along. While reading the manga I could never make the connection. Edit: Also, the hamon overdrive special attack from the game is from the scene where he cuts off Kars blade. :star-p
ThePachyon
Made in Heaven

Postby ThePachyon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Heh, I'm glad to see how fabulous Joseph looks in ASB, I never cared for bare bones costume Joseph they went with in the Capcom game since it felt like a somewhat lazy sprite edit (though his gameplay/dialogue make up for it).
Shin777
Stand Warrior

Postby Shin777 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:07 pm

ThePachyon wrote:Heh, I'm glad to see how fabulous Joseph looks in ASB, I never cared for bare bones costume Joseph they went with in the Capcom game since it felt like a somewhat lazy sprite edit (though his gameplay/dialogue make up for it).

Now that I know there's a scarf missing in the Capcom game outfit, it looks lamer. :laugh
Nexoriator
Stand User

Postby Nexoriator » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:56 am

Big announcement: "The original JJBA part 3 OVAs REMASTERED IN HIGH-DEFINITION with NO new animation added and all-new voice cast dub! YAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!" :mista

The official title will be "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: FINAL KAI ZERO ...Forever"
blind51de
Made in Heaven

Postby blind51de » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:28 am

Nexoriator wrote:Big announcement: "The original JJBA part 3 OVAs REMASTERED IN HIGH-DEFINITION with NO new animation added and all-new voice cast dub! YAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!" :mista

This image was clearly made with you in mind, sir.
http://spwsubs.blog.fc2.com/
柱柱‥ご存じ柱?
Wyvern-Ventrue
Newborn

Postby Wyvern-Ventrue » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:39 am

This whole announcement thing is making me nervous.
I want to believe in part 3!
I'm hoping for a small break (1 season because of DP's Neptunia) and then part 3. Please...please!! :crying
blind51de
Made in Heaven

Postby blind51de » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:45 am

I just noticed the RAF symbol.
Nice touch. Even if David is suddenly at DBZ-tier pacing, they're keeping the small details in mind. Like how Kars got from the crystals to the clearing where he was UV-bumrushed, and where the giant UV cannon came from.
http://spwsubs.blog.fc2.com/
柱柱‥ご存じ柱?
TheHermit
Newborn

Postby TheHermit » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:57 am

Aw man... what cock-tease episode. As blinside said the pacing was terrible. The last scene was really well done though... and just when I was getting hyped up it ends! Damnit! I want to have the music from that final scene, but I can't. This episode really leaves me hungry for more without being nutritious itself. ;_;
ThePachyon
Made in Heaven

Postby ThePachyon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:04 am

This pacing was still better then 50% of all Shonen anime for me (on par with say the good portions of the 90s JoJo OVA). It was the slowest episode, but it was completely acceptable. For me its the recap that killed me, or how LONG it took to transition from Cars being defeated to the backstory. The flashback pacing I thought was really good which was the later half of the episode. I just love the story in Battle Tendency so for a not super fight heavy episode, it was enjoyable for me.

I'm really torn, I was so ready for this to end at 25, and while the slower pacing didn't bother me, I don't want the final battle dragged out. Bad pacing is more noticeable to me in fight heavy episodes. Think we'll see more then just a glimpse of chapter 114? Perhaps it's best to wait on showing
Jotaro since all scenes with our hero I think should be saved for part 3, I'd mostly enjoy getting teased with Dio/casket/Jotaro silhouette in prison cell perhaps. I cannot wait to hear how old Joseph sounds too. Anyone think we'll just get Roundabout as Joseph's casette music instead of the Beatles?
By the way I'm totally on board with part 3 using Roundabout again since to me Part 3 is the end of a great trilogy of JoJo's main story about the stone mask. Then switch it up for 4, 5 and 6 (which are very different from one another)
TheHermit
Newborn

Postby TheHermit » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:23 am

ThePachyon wrote:The flashback pacing I thought was really good which was the later half of the episode.
Meh, I thought they could've gone through that flashback much faster. I didn't think it was very interesting. Ceasar's flashback was, and they completely rushed through his at light speed. It should've been the other way around imo. I know why they did this, they wanted to end on that awesome scene, but I don't think DP always wanting to end on great cliffhangers is quite worth it.
Brosef Brostar
Evolved Stand
Location: In the TARDIS trying to teach The Doctor how to use Ripple

Postby Brosef Brostar » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:12 am

Nutbladder subs are up.
"Each day you hear the sand as it moves and whispers. Come and sail my golden sea. Maybe one day you'll be just like me...and that's free . But still your chains are on." - DIO, Egypt (The Chains Are On)
Nina
Made in Heaven

Postby Nina » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:05 am

I could see most of the final battle being in a single episode like Joseph vs. Wham was. It's probably what they're going for seeing the slow pacing of this ep.
Silentsurvivor
Made in Heaven

Postby Silentsurvivor » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:07 am

I think the same. Oh boy, what a ride it'll be. I love how every single clip on the preview reassembles the manga perfectly. I mean every episode was like this, but that preview made me really feel like "wow, It's like I'm seeing the manga moving"
ls57tiger
Overlord

Postby ls57tiger » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:31 am

Another awesome episode. Joseph is such a great illusionist. If he was not saving the world he would be a fabulous magician. :joseph2
x_x

Are you THE UNDEAD... no, I am an engineer.
Nexorath
Newborn

Postby Nexorath » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Great flashback scene, "STOPPPU-DAAA!!" :joseph2
Aeon
Beginner

Postby Aeon » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Yes! The ultimate form is coming!!! :joseph2
MetallicKaiser
Made in Heaven

Postby MetallicKaiser » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Great episode. AS usual, the music was fantastic, especially that bit at the end with Kars evolving.
I thought the pacing for flashback was decent, it went by pretty quickly for me to be honest.

Preview looks amazing, and finally we'll get to see those F*CKING PIRAHNAS

Return to “Jojo Anime!”