It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:53 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2806 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 141  Next
 Official JoJo's ASB Thread: Online Mode confirmed 
Made in Heaven

Post Official JoJo's ASB Thread: Online Mode confirmed
The All-Star Battle Info and complete thread.

*Remember to always check the first post on occasion. Especially when the thread title has been updated. This thing can be updated all the time.*

Some ads came in hyping up the PV5 pre-screening, describing the game has "30+ characters" and online mode confirmed.

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/9507/ad1b.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img402/203/ad2rb.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img600/5616/ad3oa.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img824/5421/ad4sr.jpg

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/647/647207/
New PV is just over a week away! It will be 10 minutes! The new PV will be screened at Alta Vision in Shinjuku, Tokyo and at "Numbered" in Namba, Osaka at the same time. Haven't heard of these events/locales? Yeah I haven't either. It's airing there 6/9 at 5PM obviously. Which is 1AM PST. 8/9AM or so in Europe? We'll hear talk about it for sure. But I'm sure it'll be uploaded onto the official Youtube on the Monday after. Which will be earlier for some of us.

Jump scan (Issue #27) Street Date: June 3rd.
(Middle Title) Naples: Guerra di Passione or The War of Passion

Buccellati’s team is on the move …! But what’s going to be the outcome for betraying the Boss!?

3 New Entrants at Once! It’s an Outburst… The Part 5 Gang Rivalry!!

Alongside Giorno and Mista, newly gathered characters have entered the fray…!! On a new stage in Naples, Italy; A big battle has been brewing!!

Part 5 Main Antagonist: Diavolo (Pictured left)

“I’ll have to erase you with certainty.”

The Boss of the Organized Gang: Passione. He holds the ability to erase time.

Part 5 Character: Bruno Buccellati (Pictured middle)

“You will never understand my feelings!”

The Gang’s Team Leader. He betrayed the Boss for the sake of his justice.

Part 5 Character: Narancia Ghirga (Pictured bottom-right)

“Just give me the ‘orders’…”

A member of the gang that swears loyalty to Buccellati.

More info to come in the August issue of VJump. Street Date: June 21st.

New scans for Rohan, Cars, and newly shown game subsystems.

mikestrider wrote:

The “Ultimate Thing” has finally descended! 3 New Game Elements & New Characters Revealed!

The Man who became a God

Cars

The leader of the Pillar Men. Created the Stone Mask in order to attain the Sun’s light. User of the Light Mode.

“The requirements are only to fulfill one’s goal!”

Top Photo
You are also able to use “Ultimate Thing” Cars! Fly around freely in the air!!

From the next 2 photos provided
Chop up opponents with his arm saber! Consumes meter to make your special attacks stronger!!

New Game Element #1: With Situation Finish, "get what you deserve & feel a refreshing happiness!" (I did what I could, they’re referencing a Nukesaku quote in this phrasing)

On each stage, finish the match with an HHA or GHA while satisfying the trigger conditions. Enjoy the special presentations!

From the 1st photo provided
On the Arena stage, the chariot horses rush along! The loser is trampled over mercilessly!!

From the 2nd photo provided
In the Kira Estate stage, the loser crashes into the desk. From the desk drawer, Kira’s notebook is ...!

New Game Element #2: A torrent of Rush Battles!

When two characters who have “Rush-type” moves do battle, attacking with those moves at the same time initiates “Rush Mode”. Mash on the Light Attack button and start comparing speeds!

From the photo provided
“Ora Ora” and “Muda Muda” are having a fierce rally! The winner is determined by the fastest masher.

New Game Element #3: Customize with collected Medals!!

With medals that you collect, you can customize things like Taunt and Victory pose speeches. Clothing and colors can also be changed with medals!

From the photo provided
If you look closely, the design of Jotaro’s uniform is different! Exactly how do you obtain these interesting medals!?

The self-indulgent Manga Artist

Rohan Kishibe

“The passage to the soul will be opened by Heaven’s Door.”

The manga artist residing in Morioh Town. He’s willing to sacrifice anything for the sake of his craft, he’s got quite the artist’s temperment. His Stand ability can turn others into “Books”.

Photo below
Seal the opponent’s attacks with his Stand ability! Hold your advantage in a fight!

The Calm Killer
Yoshikage Kira

While he appears to be an ordinary office worker that believes in a peaceful life, his true identity is one of a murderer that aims to collect the hands of beautiful women. He can turn objects into bombs with his Stand ability.

“Sheer Heart Attack” follows the opponent with automatic tracking! It rushes toward the opponent to cause large explosions!!

New Stage, Kira Estate!!

From Part 4, this new stage is Yoshikage Kira’s home! Kira’s father, Yoshihiro and his stand “Atom Heart Father”, are confined within!?

Photo to the right
If a photo gets activated, Yoshihiro floats down from above, then attacks with a kitchen knife!!

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle
Genre: Stylish Fighting JoJo Action (the legit description from the website)
Release Date: August 29th 2013
Prices: More in the Preorder thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6051
Hardware/Software: PlayStation 3 (Currently a Japanese/Asian import only)
Players: 1-2
Developer: CyberConnect2
Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Home Page: http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/asb/ All PVs and commercials on the site now.

Promo 2 (w/ English Subs) put up by TheGameTagerZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ogMZGP ... e=youtu.be
Promo 3 (w/ English Subs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgxfs7e0xHE
Promo 4 (w/ English Subs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuAl9rJt ... youtu.be&a

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
The first print edition will include a download code that allows you to use Kira Yoshikage. The limited-edition Gold Experience Box will also go on sale. This could be exceedingly valuable!

The CyberConnect2 ASB Development Team

Director: Hiroshi Matsuyama
Game Designer: Kenei Nakasha [.hack//G.U. Vol.1//Rebirth (2006) (VG) (planner: game software development, CyberConnect 2) ]
Programmer: Noboru Hidaka
Lead Artist: Yoshitaka Kinoshita
Character Modeling Artist: Soichiro Iwasaka
Character Animator: Koichi Umeda
BG Modeling Artist: Masanori Esaki
Visual Effect Artist: Norihisa Takano
Animation Director: Yoshinari Irikawa
UI Artist: Hirofumi Terada
Music Composer: Chikayo Fukuda

TGS Demo Gameplay vids
Gamesradar with hilarously uninformed commentary = Jotaro-Gyro
Game Over HK = Jotaro-Joseph
Jotaro-Joseph
Japanator = Jotaro-Gyro
Gamespot = Wham-Joseph and Gyro-Jotaro
4Gamer Interview/Preview

Japanese Website Articles

Controls and Commands, Jotaro Kujo, Joseph Joestar, Wham, and Gyro Zeppeli
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/14021004.html

Battle System, Giorno Giovanna, Guido Mista, Noriaki Kakyoin, and Jean-Pierre Polnareff
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201209/13020986.html

Josuke Higashikata, Okuyasu Nijimura, Jolyne Kujo, and Hermes Costello
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201211/15024321.html

DIO, Abdul, and Hol Horse
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201212/06025443.html

Jonathan Joestar, Will A. Zeppeli, and Johnny Joestar
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201302/07028257.html

More detail on Jo2uke, Jonathan, Zeppeli, and Johnny
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201302/28029489.html

ACDC and Caesar Zeppeli
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/28030868.html
Trans. courtesy of SingerofW

ACDC (Battle style: Mode)
Featured in part 2. One of the “Pillar Men” who has awakened along with Wham and Cars. He gained the name of “Blazing King” for his ability to heat his blood up to 500 Celsius and hurl it out. By protruding long, needle-like blood vessels, he can pierce the enemy and pour boiling blood inside of them. Although he has a calm personality, he tends to go into crying fits to cool his head off.
- Special move: Stream of the Blazing King
By activating his blood manipulation mode and gradually spending his Heart Heat Gauge, ACDC gains a boost to all his abilities. He can even damage the opponent by simply approaching them with the mode activated.
- Taunt
Sticking his finger out, ACDC puts on a fearless look.
- Counterattack: NOT FAAAIR!~
After getting hit by the opponent, ACDC boosts his Heart Heat Gauge while decreasing that of the enemy’s.
- Special move: I’ll slowly make a stew of your face!
The enemy is pumped full of hot blood from the blood vessels!
- Special move: I already put your pitiful plan in check!
An attack with the blood vessels extending from toe nails.
- Special move: Lava Blood Bullets
Shoots blood bullets that are boiling hot like lava.
- Special move: Blazing King’s Giant Wheel
- Special move: Eat this and die!
- Command move: Move aside!
- Throw: Heere!
- Heart Heat Attack
ACDC instantly approaches the enemy with a kick! After that, he hurls out some blood to deal additional damage!
- Great Heat Attack
ACDC pierces the opponent with many blood vessels, wrapping them in flames.

Caesar Antonio Zeppeli (Battle style: Ripple)
The grandson of Will Antonio Zeppeli, who sacrificed himself to save Jonathan in part 1. He is a Ripple user who makes powerful attacks with soap bubbles. Because of his womanizing personality, he and Joseph initially didn’t like each other, but later became good friends after training and fighting Pillar Men together. He respects the noble spirit of his grandfather, as well as of his father, who sacrificed himself to save Caesar, forever proud of his lineage.
- Taunt
Caesar strikes a stylish pose.
- Counterattack: The Cat Stance
A parry attack. Caesar kicks the enemy with the Ripple if he is hit in this stance.
- Special move: Bubble Cutter
Caesar sends forward several disc-shaped soap bubbles.
- Special move: Bubble Lens
By using Bubble Cutter as lens, Caesar focuses light on the enemy.
- Throw: Ripple Spark
After placing his palm on the opponent’s chest, Caesar blows them away with a spark!
- Special move: Ripple Kicks
Caesar jumps forward, making several Ripple-powered kicks.
- Special move: Bubble Cutter Gliding
- Special move: Bubble Launcher
- Command move: Jump from the Sitting Position
- Special move: A single uppercut!
- Heart Heat Attack: Bubble Barrier
Caesar wraps the opponent in Ripple-infused bubbles, which finally burst for additional damage.
- Great Heat Attack: Let the light expose and burn you!
After surrounding the enemy with Bubble Lens, Caesar focuses many rays of light on the enemy!

Koichi Hirose, Akira Otoishi, and the Morioh Town stage gimmick
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201305/09033000.html

Hirose Koichi
Battle style: Stand (Echoes)
CV: Romi Paku
A character featured in part 4. He became a stand user after getting hit by Nijimura Keicho’s “Arrow”. His Stand, Echoes, evolved along with Koichi’s mental state into Act 2, and then into Act 3. Act 1 has the ability to put a sound (its onomatopoeia) on an object to make it sound over and over again. Act 2 can improve this sound by shaping it out of its tail, causing it to activate the effect of the sound whenever it’s touched. Lastly, the self-aware Act 3 has the ability to make things it hits heavier.

Special move: “In lonely silence, // A single cicada’s cry // sinking into stone”
By attacking with Act 1’s tail, it produces lots of sound effects which are literally “absorbed” by opponent’s body!

Special move: Boosh
Act 2 throws the letters with its tail, lighting the opponent on fire when it hits.

Throw: Whoosh
Act 2 puts the “Whoosh” sound on the opponent, and they get literally blown away.

Counter-move: Kablam
By putting the “Kablam” sound on himself, Koichi can blow the opponent away when attacked.

Special move: Boyoyo~ing
Act 2 puts a sound on the ground. If the opponent steps on it, they get bounced upwards.

Special move: S-H-I-T

Special move: Where did all this wind come from!?
Act 3 instantly moves before Koichi, blowing both parties away. Though this move deals damage to Koichi, too, it gives a lot of breathing room.

Special move: Eat this! Act 3!

Special move: I’m not going to forgive you

Command normal: Stooop!

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: Hissatsu “Echoes 3 FREEZE!!”
Though the damage of the attack is low, it forces the opponent to crouch for a certain period of time, limiting their movements. Note that the effect also wears off if Koichi gets too far away from the opponent.

Great Heat Attack: Does that mean I got stronger again!?
A combo attack that is performed by each Act of Echoes. First, Act 1 attacks the enemy with the sounds, then Act 2 hits them with its tail, and finally, Act 3 delivers a “heavy” physical attack!
Otoishi Akira
Battle style: Stand (Red Hot Chili Pepper)
CV: Showtaro Morikubo
A character featured in part 4. After having his Stand awakened by Nijimura Keicho, he killed him and took his bow and arrow to try and make more Stand users. Red Hot Chili Pepper is an electric Stand that can move anywhere where there is electricity. Even though it’s a remote Stand, it can become very powerful if it accumulates enough electricity.

Special move: Charge
Akira Otoishi has a special electricity gauge which affects Red Hot Chili Pepper’s moves. If the electricity gauge hits 0%, you cannot use your Stand until it recovers to a certain extent. By the way, he also has a special move to recover the electricity gauge by absorbing it from some batteries.

Special move: Spitfire
Akira summons a remote-controlled airplane to drop his Stand onto the enemy.

Special taunt: One-handed Tapping
A special taunt that charges the Heart Heat gauge.

Special move: You were the one that moved!
After grabbing the enemy, Akira hits them with a strong electric current.

Counter-move: Right here, alright? Right here!
Red Hot Chili Pepper provokes the enemy by pointing at its face, dealing damage after getting hit.

Special move: Like a jet engine exploding
Red Hot Chili Pepper attacks the opponent with overwhelming power!

Special move: After I learn from my mistakes… I get stronger
A follow-up to “Like a jet engine exploding” that blows the enemy away after a careful aim.

Special move: Blow away the whole world…
A follow-up to “Like a jet engine exploding”; an overhead swing with a fist.

Special move: Whack-a-Mole on Expert Mode

Normal throw: Change into electricity!

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: I’m gonna blow off your arm by just using this pinky!
The opponent is hit by the electricity channeled through the ground, and then blown away with a pinky uppercut!

Great Heat Attack: I gotta get serious!
Red Hot Chili Pepper rushes forward at high speed! When it hits the opponent, it swiftly hits the opponent from every direction and finishes off with a haymaker, while Akira plays his guitar in the background (with a sigh of adoration in the end!?).
Rohan Kishibe, Yoshikage Kira, and Cars (with stuff on the 3 new game elements)
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201306/06034323.html

Kishibe Rohan (CV: Hiroshi Kamiya)

Battle Style: Stand (Heaven's Door)

A character featured in part 4. A popular manga artist who lives in the town of Morioh. Selfish and assertive, he does not care about people’s reactions when it concerns his creative thinking, making him look like a weirdo to outsiders. However, as long as he gets material for his work, he’s ready to face any hardships for the sake of being the ultimate artist. By using his Stand, Heaven’s Door, he’s able to turn people into books, read their experiences, and even make his own corrections.

Command move: Safety Lock
While his Stand is turned off, Rohan can perform this move by pressing Weak, Medium, or Strong attack button. If the enemy hits the picture Rohan draws in midair, he can seal off that attack. However, this effect ends after a certain amount of time or when Rohan is knocked down. If the enemy gets another one of his moves sealed, it overrides the old seal.

Command move: I’ll mess your “Ability” real good!
While his Stand is turned off, you can seal off the enemy’s Style button with this command move. This effect ends after a certain amount of time or when Rohan is knocked down.

Normal throw: Rock.
A throw that blows the enemy away by hitting them with “rock” from rock-paper-scissors.

Command move: I’m growing!
The Stand appears and unleashes a flurry of punches and slashes! After hitting the enemy, you can follow up with “Maybe I’ll incapacitate you” or “My body got blown away at the speed of 70 km/h !”.

Command move: Maybe I’ll incapacitate you

Command move: My body got blown away at the speed of 70 km/h !
By writing these words on the enemy, Rohan can send them to the opposite side of the screen at frightening speed.

The taunt pose is sure to make the fans smile.

Special taunt
This taunt comes out when Rohan taunts in response to the opponent’s taunt. His Heart Heat Gauge recovers back the amount lost due to the taunt.

Heart Heat Attack: I’ll take your “Reality” for myself!
With this HHA, Rohan rips out a lot of pages out of the opponent. The damage is small, but he seals all their command moves for a set period of time.

Great Heat Attack: Heaven’s Door
Rohan writes down “I cannot attack Kishibe Rohan” on the opponent. This attack seals off every single attack, but only lasts a set period of time.

Yoshikage Kira (CV: Rikiya Koyama)

Battle Style: Stand (Killer Queen) (Sheer Heart Attack’s CV: Kashiwakura Tsutomu)

A character featured in part 4. A serial killer who tries to live the life of a common salaryman who just “can’t help but kill people”. His Stand, Killer Queen, can turn any object into a “Primary Bomb” with a single touch. He uses a detonator to blow up the touched object at any time he wishes. Moreover, Killer Queen’s left hand has Sheer Heart Attack, a tank-like tracking “Secondary Bomb”. It relentlessly follows the target until they explode.

Command move: Anything it touches is turned into a bomb
Kira tosses a coin projectile at the opponent. In addition to exploding on contact, you can trigger the explosion again with additional inputs. By the way, make sure to stay away from the explosion, since it can hit Kira, too.

Command move: Primary Bomb
The opponent becomes a bomb with a touch. You can follow it up with “I’ll break you apart!” at any time you want.

Command move: I’ll break you apart!
As the name suggests, the opponent is blown up into pieces!

Command move: You bastard!
Killer Queen unleashes a flurry of punches!

Command move: Whack!

Command move: I’ll break you apart!
After hitting the enemy with the coin bomb, you can blow them up at any time you want.

Normal throw: You should try and learn from me

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: I’ll blow you to smithereens!
Kira strikes a pose with Killer Queen, and then beats up the enemy. Then, after blowing them up into the air, he triggers an explosion, blowing them away!

Great Heat Attack: Sheer Heart Attack
Sheer Heart Attack starts following the enemy, shouting “Over here!” and making a great explosion after finally reaching them. By the way, it cannot move if it’s hit by “3FREEZE” of Koichi’s Echoes Act 3.

Cars (CV: Kazuhiko Inoue)

Battle Style: Light Mode

A character featured in part 2. The extremely intelligent leader of the “Pillar Men”. His Light Mode allows him to protrude shining blades out of his limbs, the so-called “Bright Sabers”. To overcome the Sun and become the “Ultimate Being”, he has created the “Stone Masks”. To obtain the “Red Stone of Aja” required to complete the mask, he fights with Joseph with everything on the line.

Command move: Light Mode
By activating this skill, Cars emits a bright light, making some of his attacks unblockable.

Special move: He can pull blades out of his legs too!!

Command move: A sneak attack, cruel and extremely skillful!

Command move: I’ll smash you against the wall!

Command move: That blood-freezing brightness!

Command move: All that counts is to get the final victory!!

Command move: Bright Saber Mode
While in Light Mode, Cars can activate Bright Saber Mode by spending 1 level of Heart Heat Gauge. Not only do his blades become unblockable, but his command moves also gain other additional properties.

Taunt

Heart Heat Attack: Bright Saber
After cutting the opponent, Cars pauses for a moment. Then, after they fall down, he rushes forward for an instant finishing blow!!

Great Heat Attack: This is the birth of Cars, the Ultimate Being!!!
By donning the stone mask with the Red Stone of Aja embedded inside, Cars evolves into Ultimate Being! As Ultimate Being, he gains traits of all sorts of living beings!

Special move: This can’t be…!?
Cars transforms his arm into an octopus tentacle and raises it upwards.

Guard
The attack is blocked with a crab-like armor.

Special movement: Flight
By holding down the button, Cars can move freely in the air. Of course, he can still attack while flying.

Special movement: Air dash

Command move: It’s the Ripple you little piece of shit!!
For the Ultimate Being Cars, even the Ripple breathing is possible! He can focus the energy gained from the unique breathing technique and attack with it!!

Command move: Genetical data transformation
Cars can attack the enemy from afar by transforming his body into a squirrel or a piranha. He can even do it while in midair.

Default Controls

*The following sections are a work in progress. There is a lot more to be known about this game right now.*

The Game Screen

1) Timer
Tick-tock. This will count down from 99 (or any other number you may be able to change it to) until the round ends or it reaches zero. If it hits zero, the player with the most life wins the round. Easy-peasy. Of course if you decide to play in infinite time, this rule is disregarded and you get to beat each other senseless without worrying about the inevitable passage of time.

2) Life Bars
Your characters have a set amount of "Hit Points". When you get hit by attacks this bar reduces. If your character loses all their life then BAM, you lose the round. Try not to let this happen, channel your spirit animal if you must.

3) Round Counter
If you or your opponent win a round one of these will fill up. Collect the whole set and you win! Most fighting games let you change how many rounds it takes to win a match, usually anywhere from 1 rounds to 5 per match.

4) Guard Gauge
As you hold away from the opponent and block their onslaught of attacks, this bar will decrease. The more you block the more it will go down. If it goes down all the way your character will be stunned for a moment, or "Guard Crushed", and left open for a free attack. If you're standing still or staying on the offensive, the Guard Gauge will gradually refill itself to full. Also, Stylish Move uses up some of the Guard Gauge but more on that in the Systems section.

5) Heart Heat Gauge
A meter the player can undertake in their battle plan for great fabulousness. Used for super attacks, Puttsun Cancel, Stand Rush, and maybe some other stuff we haven't found out about yet. As you can tell, the meter has a noticeable break halfway through it. Some unique abilities will use 50% of your meter. More on abilities that use Heart Heat gauge in the Systems section.

6) Heart Heat stocks
You can carry up to 3 bars of the Heart Heat gauge and this will show how much you currently have. The "stocks" are visually displayed as a number as well as with three tokens next to that number. It is still unclear whether or not the default meter amounts can be changed within the game options.

7) Special Gauges
Some characters have unique icons and meters above the Heart Heat Gauge. These display a variety of unique abilities specific to these characters. The only characters known to have these so far are Joseph, Akira, Mista, Hermes, Johnny, and Gyro.

Battle Systems

Throws
A close range attack that can't be blocked. Performed by pressing Medium and Heavy Attack together. Each of these display a very short cinematic when used.

OTGs
"Off the ground" or "on the ground" attacks. Certain characters have attacks that can also hurt the opponent when they're lying on the ground but before they get back up. For example, Joseph's hammer attack, DIO'd road sign, or Wham's pillar attack.

Getting up off the ground faster
What's commonly known in fighting game terms as "Ukemi". You can get up quicker when hitting the ground by either hitting attack buttons or moving the dpad or control stick. So far the exact way to enact this hasn't been confirmed. This is helpful to avoid taunts while you're grounded.

Taunts
ASB has a unique and fabulous taunting system. When you press the Select button, your character does an iconic pose/action and decreaes a fraction of the opponent's Heart Heat gauge. Another taunt can be activated while the opponent is knocked down.

Stage Gimmicks
Hazards frequently appear in most levels of ASB so far. Anything from stand abilities to natural phenomenon to a politician's vehicle. Whenever one such hazard is about to occur, you are clearly warned on that given stage via manga panels on-screen that show when it's about to come. When it does, its pathway is marked on the ground. So if you can, MOVE OUTTA THE WAY! This can do pretty good damage to you and your opponent, so you've been warned. It's not been confirmed yet if Stage Gimmicks can be turned off. Stages with hazards in them are clearly marked in the stage section below.

Situational Finishers

Along the same lines of Stage Gimmicks. Yet if you satisfy "certain conditions" on a given stage, while beating the opponent with an HHA or GHA, a cutscene specific to that stage will activate. From the examples given so far: the Chariot Horses in the Arena stage will trample you. Or in the Kira Residence stage, the loser will find Kira's notebook and something yet unknown will occur to them, assuming they get a photo taken and Yoshihiro attacks them.

Rush Mode

Similar to "Blazing Fist Matches" in the previous Capcom fighter, this sounds to work the same way. When two characters with a "Rush-type" attack (mashable multi-hitting special moves) face each other, and as these specific moves connect, a Rush Battle is initiated. Moves like Jotaro's "Ora Ora" and DIO's "Muda Muda" are this type of move. Mashing on the Light Attack button causes your character to attack rapidly punch/kick until the person who attacks the fastest is the victor. Many more characters in this game will be able to do this.

Chain Beat
(A = Weak Attack, B = Medium Attack, C = Strong Attack)
This game has chain combos! For the uninformed, chain combos are a a string of normal attacks chained together in quick succession to form a combo. Usually going from weakest strength up through the heavier attacks. Other games have the same system, ie; ArcSystem Works titles (Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena), Darkstalkers series, Arcana Heart, you name it. A general combo string that many characters can use is A, A, A, B, B, C. Many characters will have chain combos unique to them. Use your best judgement to see what's best.

Easy Beat
An automatic combo that fighting game beginners can use to get easy damage. This works the same as in Persona 4 Arena. Tap Weak Attack repeatedly and an automatic combo will come out, ending with a Heart Heat Attack if meter is there to burn.

Stylish Move
Or a Fabulous Dodge. Guarding an attack with precise timing causes your character to dodge to the side while posing. From the description this seems to function similiar to Just Defend like in Mark of the Wolves or CvS2. Throughout this animation you are invincible and can capitalize on the opponent's mistake. When initiated this consumes some of the Guard Gauge, about 20%.

Puttsun Cancel (PC for short)
"puttsun" refers to the sound of a string or chord breaking. Alternatively it refers to someone "snapping". This is used as a manga sound effect when things like this happen. Think of when Josuke gets pissed off when someone makes fun of his hair. http://jojofigure.img.jugem.jp/20121223_417753.jpg (from pv4, the sound effect katakana is directly in this too) Puttsun Cancel lets you cancel your attacks, either to continue into a combo or to stay on the offensive. It's similar to the Roman Cancel from Guilty Gear. This can only be activated when the opponent blocks or gets hit by one of your attacks. You'll know you did it right when a while flash appears on your character with the "puttsun" sound effect. It costs one stock of Heart Heat.

Heart Heat Attack (HHA for short)
A dynamic and cinematic super attack that costs one stock of Heart Heat. It's performed with a fireball motion + any two attacks. Until proven otherwise, initiating the attack itself is the same for every character. Yet every character's HHA works differently, some even have follow up attacks. See what you like best!

Great Heat Attack (GHA for short)
A character's ultimate fabulous attack, overlaying the character models in a manga panel style. Costs 2 stocks of Heart Heat. Like HHAs, the GHA is performed the same for all characters. It's performed with a fireball motion + all three attacks. Alternatively, it can be performed by just pressing the L1 button when using the default control scheme.

Styles
Similar to the Capcom game's Stand Button, the Style Button in ASB utilizes unique abilities for each character. There are 4 confirmed styles in the game and they will all be described down below. Note that not all of these styles have been fully explained to the utmost yet. They will be updated when appropriate.

The Ripple
The most basic style of the four, the only one that doesn't have to do with toggling an ability on or off.

•Ripple Breathing: Holding down the Style button causes the character to pose and "charge" the Ripple. While charging, the Heart Heat gauge will increase slowly.

•Ripple Guard: Guarding while holding down on the Style button will increase the effectiveness of the Ripple User's defense... for a price. It'll drain the Heart Heat Gauge slowly with the benefit of being impervious to taking block damage. In most fighting games you'll take a little damage from blocking normally, mostly from special attacks and super attacks.

Mode
A style that solely belongs to the Pillar Men. Probably the most meter intensive style yet the most interesting style in some ways.

•Mode Activate: Pressing the Style button toggles an ability mode that costs some Heart Heat to initiate then drains the meter until there's none left. The Mode that's activated can be turned off at the player's own discretion by simply pressing Style again.

Stands
Returned from the Capcom fighter, Stands work in a similar way but not without a couple new features to ASB.

•Stand Switch: On the fly, your character's Stand can toggled on or off. Certain special moves will be available only in one form or the other. Play around with your character to find out what they are capable of.

•Stand Rush: Select attacks in a character's repertoire will be marked as a "Stand Rush capable" special moves. What this means is you can press the Style Button while one of these moves is active to "un-link" from your stand as long as the attack is going. You can act as you will while your Stand is attacking. This can potentially be used for good mixups and setups. Cost some Heart Heat to activate. You can see Jotaro has two such moves in his movelist.

Horseback
The Style with the least details so far.

•Switch to Horseback: Much like with Stand characters, Horseback characters can switch onto a horse and back by pressing the Style Button. While grounded, characters move and act the same as any other, while on Horseback the character is much taller (being on-top of the horse) and their attacks change. Keep in mind some special attacks can still be used while on Horseback.

Other Modes

An Unnamed Story Mode

Online Versus Mode

An Online versus mode has confirmed as of June 7th. No further info provided.

Customize Mode

You can customize your characters in this game. Yet all info is not given so far, what's known so far is more than welcome. You can change your characters Taunt and Victory Pose speeches (the speech bubbles). You can also alter their clothing and colors. The capacity at which you can change these things is yet unknown. References to which chapter in the manga is also given to each pose and speech the character has. It's mentioned that to change your character's aspects, you collect these medals in-game that can be used toward Customize Mode. How you get these medals is still unknown.

Confirmed Playable Characters (29)
(Open the spoiler windows below a character to see their movelist. Not many charcters have actual notations.)
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/li ... acter.html

Phantom Blood

Jonathan Joestar (Kazuyuki Okitsu)
Translation courtesy of Peter Loney @ FrameTrap.net
【Throw】
I'll protect my father!: Medium Attack + Strong Attack

【Unique Moves】
Zoom Punch: Forward + Attack
Tackle

【Special Moves】
Sendo Overdrive: Fireball motion + Attack
Overdrive Barrage: Back, Forward + Attack
Scarlet Overdrive: Dragonpunch motion + Attack
Sword of Luck and Pluck: Reverse Fireball motion + Attack (up to 3 times in a row)

【Heart Heat Attack】
In the end we'll see which one of us faces defeat!

【Great Heat Attack】
Sunlight Yellow Overdrive

【Other】
This is my final ripple...
【Style】
Ripple Breathing

Will A. Zeppeli (Yoku Shioya)
【Throw】
POW!

【Command Normals】
Zoom Punch
Leap from a seated position!
Life Magnetism Overdrive
A ripple shield that minimizes the area struck!

【Special Moves】
Ripple Cutter
Wave Kick
Sunlight Yellow Overdrive
Tornado Overdrive

【Heart Heat Attack】
This is 'Sendo'!
【Great Heat Attack】
Ripple of the sun! Sunlight Yellow Overdrive!
【Style】
Ripple Breathing

Battle Tendency

Joseph Joestar (Tomokazu Sugita)

Caesar Zeppeli (Takuya Sato)

ACDC (Keiji Fujiwara)

Wham (Akio Ohtsuka)

Cars (Kazuhiko Inoue)

Stardust Crusaders

Jotaro Kujo (Daisuke Ono)

Jeanne-Pierre Polnareff (Hiroaki Hirata)

Mohammed Abdul (Masashi Ebara)

Noriaki Kakyoin (Koji Yusa)

Hol Horse (Houchu Ohtsuka)

DIO (Takehito Koyasu)

Diamond is Unbreakable

Josuke Higashikata (Wataru Hatano)
【Throw】
Now I'm fucking pissed off

【Command Normals】
My fist won't fall short again! (Only during "I won't forgive anyone who talks shit!" Mode)
*OTG attack
(While in body mode)
To get next to you, I'd go at 300 km/h!

(While in stand mode)
Dora!
【Special Moves】
(While in body mode)
I'll cut you up!
Doraa!
Mend and retu~rn! (Performed during "Doraa!")
I'll aim reliably

(While in stand mode)
Dorararararararara!
*Stand Rush capable
I'll put you to sleep!
The speed of 「Healing」!
*Stand Rush capable

【Heart Heat Attack】
You finally entered...my effective range...
This is my 「Homing Bullet」... (Performed during "You finally entered...my effective range...")

【Great Heat Attack】
I've already healed you
【Style】
Mode Change
【Other】
I won't forgive anyone who talks shit!
*Requires 1 stock of Heart Heat

Okuyasu Nijimura (Wataru Takagi)

Koichi Hirose (Romi Park)

Rohan Kishibe (Hiroshi Kamiya)

Akira Otoishi (Showtaro Morikubo)

Yoshikage Kira [DLC] (Rikiya Koyama), Sheer Heart Attack (Tsutomu Kashiwakura)

Vento Aureo

Giorno Giovanna (Daisuke Namikawa)
【Throw】
I'll beat you down!

【Command Normals】
(While in body mode)
It's useless!

(While in stand mode)
What a disagreeable mood...

(While in requiem mode)
The destination of the arrow's power!

【Special Moves】
(While in human mode)
I've changed it's nature
Life...arise!
From here on, I should face the road I want!
It's useless
I've made parts of myself!

(While in stand mode)
Useless useless useless useless!
WRYYYYYYYYYYY
Uselesssssss!

(While in requiem mode)
Can you continue to exist?
Your actions will never be reality!
Useless useless useless useless!
Uselesssssss!

【Heart Heat Attack】
The pains are hitting me slowly!
【Great Heat Attack】
Neverending end
【Style】
Mode Change

Bruno Buccellati

Guido Mista (Kenji Akabane), Sex Pistols (Asami Imai)

Narancia Ghirga

Diavolo

Stone Ocean

Jolyne Kujo (Miyuki Sawashiro)
【Throw】
Caught you!

【Command Normals】
(While in body mode)
I have to beat you with everything I have!
(While in stand mode)
Follow the thread!

【Special Moves】
(While in body mode)
What angle is best to hit you from?
It's like you're asleep!
String Barrier!
Defending myself with a string requires no power

(While in stand mode)
You're good as an opponent
Don't hesitate, punch them
You won't cut my string again!
Stretching the string!

【Heart Heat Attack】
It's 1000 balls!
【Great Heat Attack】
Let me leave you incapacitated
【Style】
Mode Change

Hermes Costello (Chizu Yonemoto)

Steel Ball Run

Johnny Joestar (Yuuki Kaji)
【Throw】
My body jumped up!
【Command Normal】
(While in grounded mode, any stand)
I have to go that far!!

(Grounded mode and horseback mode Tusk ACT2 and up)
Have some herb tea?

【Special Moves】
(Grounded mode, Tusk ACT1)
I'll call it 'Tusk' from now on!
My nails are spinning!
What is this!?

(Grounded mode, Tusk ACT2, ACT3 and ACT4)
The Golden Rotation with my fingers
I'll attack with a 'hole'!

(Grounded mode, Tusk ACT3 and ACT4)
I'm being dragged into the hole!
Where the hell is my upper half!?

(Grounded mode, Tusk ACT4)
Which do you think the sacrifice will really be?
Chumimiiiiiin

(Horseback mode, Tusk ACT1)
I'll call it Tusk from now on!
My nails are spinning!!
Go well!!

(Horseback mode, Tusk ACT2, ACT3 and ACT4)
The Golden Rotation with my fingers
I'll attack with a 'hole'!
Go well!!

(Horseback mode, Tusk ACT3 and ACT4)
I'm being dragged into the hole!

(Horseback mode, Tusk ACT4)(it actually said grounded mode here, but I'm assuming that's a typo)
Which do you think the sacrifice will really be?
Chumimiiiiiin

【Heart Heat Attack】
(Grounded and Horseback mode Tusk ACT1)
Even if the spin becomes a hole, it doesn't die!

(Limited to grounded mode Tusk ACT2)
I understand now, where I have to shoot my bullets...

(Limited to horseback mode Tusk ACT3)
The energy of the complete gold rotation!

【Great Heat Attack】
It's truly, truly been a round-about path
【Style】
Switch to horseback

Gyro Zeppeli (Shinichiro Miki)

JoJolion

Jo2uke Higashikata (Mitsuaki Madono)

Confirmed Playable Stages (11)

Phantom Blood

Dio Brando's Mansion (Hazard: Unknown)

Battle Tendency

Skeleton Heel Stone Arena (Hazard: Vampire Horse Chariot)

Stardust Crusaders

Streets of Cairo (Hazard: The Senator's car)

DIO's Mansion (Hazard: Unknown)

Diamond is Unbreakable

Morioh Town (Hazard: Lightning Strikes)

Kira Residence (Hazard: Yoshihiro Kira Attacks)

Vento Aureo

Rome (Hazard: Unknown)

Florence-Bound Express Train (Hazard: Unknown)

Stone Ocean

Green Dolphin St. Prison (Hazard: Poison Arrow Frog)

Steel Ball Run

Atlantic Coast (Hazard: Unknown)

JoJolion

Wall Eye (Hazard: Unknown)

Here's a compilation of details about the game found during the gameplay sessions on the 2/16 ASB event. A lot of good stuff in here. Courtesy of the twitter community and mmcafe http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums/bbs/messages/13393.shtml#63009
Gold Experience Requiem stays on a long time.
[The World] stops time for quite long, 5 seconds ? The road roller takes like 1/4th of the life? But the gauge takes some time to fill in, so it's difficult to do it more than once per round.
Polnaref's GHA requires the first hit to hit in order to have the full animation, while DIO's doesn't.
The damage is HUGE. Easy combo do 1/3 of life damage, combo ending with a super do easily more than 50%.
Okuyasu doesn't seem to have a lot of reach, quite difficult (especially against Jolyne who has a lot and is very fast). But once he's close, he can be very tough, as he has an unblockable.
The announcer is the VA of Lisalisa in the anime, which could mean she's in the game or could mean she's not in the game, your call. Apparently, there's several different announcers.
Jôsuke is awesome.
DIO's throw looks like his throw in the Capcom game (time stop/punch in the guts).
The crowd cheers the first time someone uses the roar roller!
Zeppeli's pose when he wins a round: holding a glass of wine (no bottle ?)
Zeppeli's GHA have him sending hamon through the ground, then he breathes, and send zoom punch(es?)
Polnaref's victory pose is the cover art of the last episode against Judgement (?)
Giorno and DIO have a special dialogue !!! Not very interesting, G "Maybe I've been waiting for that moment" D "I feel something familiar in you". Giorno's victory "I'll use the strength I received from you to achieve my dream".
But that does mean there are special interactions, even out of the manga. I was afraid they'll go too conservative and "if it doesn't exist in the manga, it's not in the game", so, good !
Giorno did a "slow pain coming" on DIO! Crowd cheering.
Gold Experience Requiem stays on a long time.
Giorno's voice actor was criticized by the VA dorks, but in the demo he sounds good.
Lots of people using Jonathan. Zoom Punch is indeed very Dahlsim-esque.
Polnaref's 2P colour is purple, and Silver Charriot golden
DIO's victory pose is the cover of volume 27.
Jôtarô vs Jolyne ! The guy didn't hear what Jôtarô says, but Jolyne answers "How... how young!" Jolyne victory "Well... I probably have a tendency to hallucinate stuff anyway". Another guy heard her say "My heart finally understood you!"
Jolyne 2P colour : gold, Stone Free pink
Jôsuke's provocation is the last image of part 4, with his school bag on his shoulder.
Joseph's 2P colour is orange.
Jôsuke's GHA sends the opponent flying, he massages his shoulder, heals the enemy to full health, and then DORARARARA rush
Jôsuke to Jôtarô "Hum, you look like me" Tarô "What, you want to fight?"
Jôsuke's 2P color is purple. Crazy Diamond is like the recent 2nd figurine that was released (the green one ?)
Johnny's 2P color is green.
Victory pose : that pose when he points at the sky with his index.
Provocation : "I have no intention to step down".
When you use DIO and you pick up stages, you're limited to stages indicated with a stone mask (coliseum and Dio's mansion for this demo). So probably vampire and pillar men can only fight during the night?

Start of the conference.
More characters will be revealed in due time.
Theme of the 4th PV : crossover fights. Jôtarô/Jolyne, Giorno/Okuyasu, Gun vs Gun (Hol Horse/Mista) Revenge vs Revenge (Polnaref vs Hermes) Fire vs Wind (Avdol Whamu) Mudamuda vs Dorarara, Rerorero vs Rerarera (Kakyôin vs Gyro). All of them have special intros (Hol Horse: "Let's see who shots faster", Dio making fun of Jôsuke's hair)
The Hayato memo has Bites The Dust on the last page... and it's Bites The Dust that tells you the DLC code for Kira. Nice!!!
If Abdul represents fire in the game, it's probably a good hint that ACDC is not invited.
Gyro's VA has been criticized a lot, but they re-recorded some voice samples and he sounds much better.

Other random info from the thread (less reliable)
Polnaref's GHA requires the first hit to hit in order to have the full animation, while DIO's doesn't.
Some character models such as Jôtarô or Joseph has been slightly changed : http://i.imgur.com/CBbCMu6.jpg
Jonathan has at least two provocation, "I'm ready for the fight" and "Naniwo suruda !"
When doing provocation while the character is on the ground, the sentence appears like in a comic.

Giorno's GER is ridiculously strong. Nobody expected the game to have good balance or anything, but that's some seriously retarded one-hit kill there, as everything combos easily from the slightest mudamuda to the super, rinse and repeat. Oh, well.
On top of the stone mark icon to indicate the stage is night time, the stages also have a DANGER mark to say there's a stage gimmick. Which could either mean the gimmicks can be put on/off, or that some stage don't have gimmicks. Moriôchô, Dio's manor or the eyes in the wall don't appear to have gimmicks.
Jumps are still quite floaty.
The Stylish Move (Just defense that allows you to side-step, look extremely strong) seem to eat 25% of your guard gauge. That fantastic news if true, as it seemed totally broken in the first gameplay video (and I heard Naruto had a similar system, and since it was free you had basically no reason to not just do that all the time).
Also, the timing is somewhat strict, and some ora-ora type move have a wide hitbox which will swallow you back into it if you side-step too early.
The puttsun cancel is as useful as we could imagine, either allowing to continue a combo or interrupting a move that was blocked so that it doesn't get punished.
Interestingly, the ukemi (fast getup, the way you get back up quicker from being knocked down) also seems to be an important system to use, as the provocation when the enemy is down gives a huge advantage (and if you ukemi, the enemy cannot do it). AND if you do your ukemi correctly and the opponent did the provocation anyway, some characters have the possibility to run and hit the opponent before the provocation is over.
Throws have a similar feeling as in any regular fighting game (which means "it's not like in Naruto"). Some characters with OTG can continue after a throw (like DIO with his road sign move).
The other ASB discussion threads:

What Do You Want In ASB's "Unorthodox Story Mode" thread - Want to see the full SUPER STORY! Discuss it! A good thread for theoretical discussions of how the story will be presented.

JJBA All Star Battle Roster List Speculation/Wishlist Thread - Got some characters you love that aren't announced yet? Got a super cool character roster in your head that you want to share? Them post em! Share the love. Discuss the wonder of a full list of playable characters.

ASB Game Mechanics thread - Discussion of how the game, characters, or other such systems may or may not work. Post your questions, comments or theories on how the system works or is supposed to work. At least for now there's going to be a lot of speculative discussion.

ASB possible EU/North American release thread - The game may or may not be released in other regions, that's very much in the air. But if you want to discuss the possibilities, this is the place!

ASB preorder thread - This thread hasn't gotten much traction lately, but any questions or comments on preordering the game should really go here. At the very least, preordering the standard copy of the game is easy!

Support CyberConnect2's JoJo ASB
New ASB English fan site!
Official ASB website

Last edited by mikestrider on Wed May 29, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 87 times in total.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Beginner

Post Re: All-Star Battle Redux Thread (Latest News 2/20/13)
F*CKING.
BEAUTIFUL.

Thank you very much for all of this.
:yeah

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 am
Made in Heaven

Thanks! And I have it on high authority that the guy who made the subtitled video for PV3 will be putting out PV4 soon. I'll update and post it on the PV4 thread when it comes up.

Official ASB website

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Evolved Stand

Good stuff, I love having it all ncie and organized! Can't wait for a subbed trailer, it's perfect for showing to non-jojo people who might still like the game.

Thank you!

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 pm
Beginner

mikestrider wrote:
Thanks! And I have it on high authority that the guy who made the subtitled video for PV3 will be putting out PV4 soon. I'll update and post it on the PV4 thread when it comes up.

There's a subtitled PV3? Got a link? Didn't see one in the first post.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:36 pm
Made in Heaven

MothershipConnection wrote:
mikestrider wrote:

There's a subtitled PV3? Got a link? Didn't see one in the first post.

Just updated the first post with the subtitled link. PV4 will be by the same person.

Also adding command lists over time. I included Jonathan's as an example. I'm pretty sure I'll have to add a system guide soon though.

Official ASB website

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Beginner

Oh god! Josuke and Okuyasu are talking about rohan!!!
Thanks for posting it! That was really helpful! :joseph2

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:14 pm
Evolved Stand

What's up with "This is my final ripple..." in Johnathan's moveset BTW?

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:17 pm
Made in Heaven

rvd1ofakind wrote:
What's up with "This is my final ripple..." in Johnathan's moveset BTW?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45CKZ6js8i0

Don't know how it's supposed to work in the game yet.

Official ASB website

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Evolved Stand

Yeah, ofc i know the anime bit. :P
I think it might be something like if you kill him. He deals dmg of like a 10th of your hp and if he wins then, he win the fight. That could be fun :P

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:26 pm
Made in Heaven

rvd1ofakind wrote:
Yeah, ofc i know the anime bit. :P
I think it might be something like if you kill him. He deals dmg of like a 10th of your hp and if he wins then, he win the fight. That could be fun :P

You may be on the right train of thought with that, though instant winning a fight might not be all that fun. I would also expect it would expend some of your health for some kind of benefit.

Most of the things I've seen in the "Other" categories are moves that use up some of the Heart Heart gauge that don't quite fit into the HHA category. (Not that it has to use meter exactly, Joseph's doesn't seem to fit in with that)

For example, Wham's Wind Mode and Jotaro/DIO's Time Stop moves.

Official ASB website

Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Space Jockey

Glad we finally have a well-organized thread! Thanks Mike!

That PS3 theme, like the game cover is kinda disappointing to me. It really emphasizes the boring marketing of "Jotaro/Dio is all this game is about" which WE know not to be true, but seems to be leaking into the game peripherals. It's not like the PS3 theme is gonna sell the game to anyone who isn't already gonna own it, so why not put more characters into it or some actual Araki art?

Also, does anyone know why there haven't been any gameplay videos from the recent event yet? Were there no cameras allowed or something? Will there be another event soon with a demo that we can see footage from? I would LOVE that!

「俺は人間をやめるぞ!ジョジョ!」

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 pm
Made in Heaven

jojonounderworld wrote:
Glad we finally have a well-organized thread! Thanks Mike!

That PS3 theme, like the game cover is kinda disappointing to me. It really emphasizes the boring marketing of "Jotaro/Dio is all this game is about" which WE know not to be true, but seems to be leaking into the game peripherals. It's not like the PS3 theme is gonna sell the game to anyone who isn't already gonna own it, so why not put more characters into it or some actual Araki art?

You're welcome! I'm both a fan of JoJo's and of fighting games, so you can imagine how much I want all this go well.

And yeah I'm a bit disappointed with it myself too. (but glad to have that DIO art either way) I'm hoping it has at least something more than that, but I'm doubting it. I'll be getting it tomorrow though, so if there's anything new I'll post about it.

jojonounderworld wrote:
Also, does anyone know why there haven't been any gameplay videos from the recent event yet? Were there no cameras allowed or something? Will there be another event soon with a demo that we can see footage from? I would LOVE that!

From what I gathered from the 2ch forums, there's no footage whatsoever, even from press. Attendees weren't allowed any video/photography either and it showed.

And no idea on a new demo/event. Your guess is as good as mine.

Official ASB website

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Stand Warrior

Sorry but I didn't understand what are the latest news (2/20) :D

Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:41 pm
Made in Heaven

The custom theme and pages from the Prize Stars Book.

Official ASB website

Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Made in Heaven

Im just curious, is there any news or educated guesses as to when we might expect more characters revealed/news as to the story/modes of the game? I'm not necessarily expecting it too soon after the trailer, but wondering if there are any big game cons or events that would make sense for when they might do something big. If I had to guess maybe the week after the new Naruto game drops (early March) once the hype for that dies down a bit and they can focus on advertising JoJo, or perhaps April since the Japanese version of the new Naruto game isn't out till then.

Old webcomic: http://burningheartcomic.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Made in Heaven

Japanese fans have gathered that we might have a month-to-month style release schedule for the moment. Now that doesn't mean we'd get a new promotional video every month. But with 3 Jump magazines releasing issues every month, that's more chance for coverage. There's Ultra Jump once a month, V-Jump every month, and Weekly Shonen Jump roughly 4 times a month. That plus Famitsu, they've had pretty good traction on ASB updates. With that potential there's more chance with reveals coming out via the magazine scans. Commonly you'll find updates fairly regularly over the months with games, including Kaizoku Musou 2, Storm 3, and Toriko games most recently always had updates every month the past few months since Jump Festa.

Director Hiroshi Matsuyama also hinted that we'll be getting more reveals and implied that it'll build up more as the release comes closer.

As far as events go, I'm not sure. There's some Japanese anime and comic conventions coming, but not sure if related games show up at those places.

Araki's birthday is coming in June. I could see CC2 wanting to do something special for then, but I wouldn't know if Araki would allow it or not.

Official ASB website

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Stand Warrior

So this is the current general thread, right?

Looking at the character page in the official site, couldn't help but notice Ball Breaker is the only Stand who didn't got his own artwork. I feel sorry for this guy, he is always forgotten.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 pm
Made in Heaven

The main post is awesome. Keep Updating it!

And I wonder if we will get more info of the stages. We still don't have the art for P2 and P3. I think we'll receive it if they announce more Part 2 charactersm but I don't know about part 3. Are we done with part 3 characters, right? The only one I think it's worth is Vanilla Ice.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:09 am
Made in Heaven

Yeah I've got some updates to put up tonight in the characters section, btw. :joseph2

And tell ya what. From now on, in the bottom of the main post I'll leave a quick message with the latest update I've made

Official ASB website

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:50 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2806 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 141  Next