Teenager that saved Josuke (spoilers)

You can bet on it... part 4-5-6 topics here!
sephiroth112688
Stand Warrior

Teenager that saved Josuke (spoilers)

Postby sephiroth112688 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 am

So maybe I've been watching too much Doctor Who but I was reminded of this while rereading part 4. I had originally thought that the teenager who saved Josuke as a kid was actually somehow Josuke. Has there ever been any confirmation of who that was? Seems to me like it could have been an interesting plot point but was just kinda brushed under the rug.
US PSN: Sephiroth112688
blind51de
Made in Heaven

Re: Teenager that saved Josuke (spoilers)

Postby blind51de » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:16 pm

Yes it was probably meant to be him.
Araki probably planned for Killer Queen or whoever to have some kind of time travel ability and Josuke would end up getting thrown back to that time.
http://spwsubs.blog.fc2.com/
柱柱‥ご存じ柱?
Brandnewkid
Stand Warrior

Postby Brandnewkid » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Well, Part 8 takes place in Morioh, so that guy's identity has a possibility of being revealed now.
Nina
Made in Heaven

Postby Nina » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:27 pm

I always had this weird thought that the universe had made a cycle before the "original universe" and that was the Josuke from the previous universe or something. Lol don't ask why.
Skippyandjif
Made in Heaven

Postby Skippyandjif » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:52 pm

I'd always wondered if there was some time-travel thing that got jettisoned later on, myself. :rohan It could have been that Araki planned to do a side story or a later story where Josuke goes back in time, and then decided not to, kind of like what seemed to happen with a few other seemingly important plot points (Giorno's presence in Florida being hinted at in Part 6, etc.).
Gio Gio Star
Made in Heaven

Postby Gio Gio Star » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:14 pm

I don't know. Like somebody said, with part 8 we might find out who he was.
TRU FAX
Rinso
Stand Warrior

Postby Rinso » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:50 am

Gio Gio Star wrote:Like somebody said, with part 8 we might find out who he was.

I find this unlikely. Judging by SBR, this universe has almost zero connection with the original one.
Gio Gio Star
Made in Heaven

Postby Gio Gio Star » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Rinso wrote:
Gio Gio Star wrote:Like somebody said, with part 8 we might find out who he was.

I find this unlikely. Judging by SBR, this universe has almost zero connection with the original one.

I said might. Didn't say anything about it happening. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. When you look at the entire story line, the Teenager that saved Josuke really doesn't have that much value to the plot. Knowing his identity would not add or take away from the story.
TRU FAX
SilverChariotRequiem
Beginner

Postby SilverChariotRequiem » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:07 pm

That was just a totaly unknow guy.

Josuke will probably never meet him, this teenager is a pure heroe, because he has saved the life of someone he doesn't know, without say anything and without ask a thanks, that's why he's awesome and that why Josuke want to be like him.

If we know who he is, that will break the legend of this man, we just have to see him like a unknow which is a very great sence of enpathy.
Creissonino
Made in Heaven

Postby Creissonino » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:31 pm

This reminds me about the gangster who saved Giorno (and his silhouette looks like MJ in Smooth Criminal Video)
Bassfayce
Beginner

Postby Bassfayce » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:20 pm

SilverChariotRequiem wrote:That was just a totaly unknow guy.

Josuke will probably never meet him, this teenager is a pure heroe, because he has saved the life of someone he doesn't know, without say anything and without ask a thanks, that's why he's awesome and that why Josuke want to be like him.

If we know who he is, that will break the legend of this man, we just have to see him like a unknow which is a very great sence of enpathy.

This is very poetic. I like your reasoning, and I agree that the identity of the person would spoil the legend. I hope we never know..
It DID look a lot like Josuke though!
Okuyasu
Newborn

Postby Okuyasu » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:22 pm

I was thinking since Josuke didn't die in pt. 4 or 5 so he still attracted stand users. Someone with a super moody blues that could send people back was used. He seen the moment of the snow storm and Josuke being smart knew he couldn't change time. he pushed the car and realizes he's his own hero maybe cuts his hair ( you wish) and then got SWTH into part 8
Brandnewkid
Stand Warrior

Postby Brandnewkid » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Just want to add that in the 90's, it was common in stories involving delinquents or school kids to have people who are "legends" shrouded in mystery like this, being sources of inspiration for the characters in the stories. I don't think that we're supposed to know who this guy is.
Joe Abandoned Mine
Stand Requiem

Something about Josuke and Part IV

Postby Joe Abandoned Mine » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Do you remember that Josuke got sick when he was a child and got a fever for 40 days?
And when his mother was taking him to the hospital, her car broke. Then a bad boy with a quiff rescued them.
Josuke uses his hairstyle as an homage to that guy.
I think that guy was something Araki was planning to put in the manga but then dropped later.

Before I read Part 4, I watched this MAD video.

Because of this video, I used to think that the bad boy was Josuke himself brought to the past by someone (when I began reading Part 4 I thought it was Kira that brought him with Killer Queen).
Do you think that Araki changed Kira's ability or excluded some character from the story from Diamond is Unbreakable's "original script"?
Image Image Image
jojonounderworld
Space Jockey

Re: Something about Josuke and Part IV

Postby jojonounderworld » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:34 pm

SIGH. Please search for threads before making new ones. This has already been discussed.
"This man is here because he does not want to die. He believes you can give him more life" -David 8
「無事 ナプキンをとってくれ」 「もちろんだ.ありがとう」
「俺は人間をやめるぞ!ジョジョ!」
FREEZER
Newborn

Kid Josuke was saved by "FUTURE" Josuke? What?

Postby FREEZER » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:52 am

Yo. I'm at vol 50 (which is part 5), but i just remembered that scene when Josuke explained why he has that pompadour. The guy who saved him looked just like him, which means that some Time travel must have happened.

That was not explained in P4.

There's NO WAY that was never discussed by you guys.

And no spoilers please.
ClassicGuardian
Gangster Star

Re: Kid Josuke was saved by "FUTURE" Josuke? What?

Postby ClassicGuardian » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:58 am

FREEZER wrote: The guy who saved him looked just like him, which means that some Time travel must have happened.

I see no reason to believe time travel was involved. I think it's generally accepted that Josuke as a child held onto the image of his unknown savior, and chose to honor him by maintaining the same look as him when he grew up.

Strangely enough I do think this was once suggested by someone else a long time ago, the theory of Time Travel and this situation but I think most people just go with the simplest explanation on this.
NostalgiaFan wrote:If there was ever a right time for ClassicGuardian to be pissed and cry about how JOJO is being treated without respect with a justified purpose, now would be the right time.

XLIFE wrote:Now that you mention it, I just noticed I haven't seen him rant in a while.
The Crimson Artist
Evolved Stand

Postby The Crimson Artist » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:45 am

I think that persons theory was that Araki had originally planned to give Kira an ability that actually went back in time and did not just groundhog day everything.

Anyway, the original idea was probably for Josuke to save himself, but Araki changed his mind and never brought it up again.
<-----To be continued
sephiroth112688
Stand Warrior

Postby sephiroth112688 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:31 am

Actually when I first joined after reading all of JoJo I started a thread about it. The general consensus was that it's a cool theory but he's likely just an unknown savior to provide a hero for Josuke, or that the plan for Another One Bites the Dust's power changed.

Be careful because there's a few references to parts you haven't read yet regarding setting or a few stand's powers.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5206
US PSN: Sephiroth112688
StardustKitty
Stand Warrior

Postby StardustKitty » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 am

If that WAS Josuke saving his younger self that'd be some serious Song of Storms bullshit.
"Ice-age heat wave, can't complain. If the world's at large, why should I remain?"

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 4-5-6”