Teenager that saved Josuke (spoilers)

You can bet on it... part 4-5-6 topics here!
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Re: Kid Josuke was saved by "FUTURE" Josuke? What?

Postby Nabu-san » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:20 am

It was just a random stranger that saved Josuke and without knowing who he was, Josuke honored by adopting the pompadour. I like this version more, not everything needs to be explained.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
FREEZER
Newborn

Postby FREEZER » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:29 am

Yeah. I like the explanation that Araki had something in mind but he didn't expand on it.
Pokemonejf101
Newborn

Re: Teenager that saved Josuke (spoilers)

Postby Pokemonejf101 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:07 am

Im guessing it was Josuke from the future, as he has all the same wounds as the final battle with Kira, but it ended up being a thing Araki just forgot or something, because it was never mentioned again.
Joker
Evolved Stand

Postby Joker » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:15 am

I am of the camp that doesn't believe it was future Josuke. Partially because the stranger ìs wearing different clothes to the ones that Josuke is always depicted as wearing.

But also because Josuke's limited character development revolves around helping people because he was saved as a child by a stranger who didn't have to help. Therefore by making it into future Josuke saving himself, it completely destroys Josuke's character arc in my eyes.

I was super glad that David Pro didn't try to mess with the backstory and even kept the stranger's voice a secret.
The Passenger
Newborn

Postby The Passenger » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:13 pm

The Crimson Artist wrote:I think that persons theory was that Araki had originally planned to give Kira an ability that actually went back in time and did not just groundhog day everything.

Anyway, the original idea was probably for Josuke to save himself, but Araki changed his mind and never brought it up again.

A choice for the better in my opinion. Helping out some person you don't know without taking thanks is far more compassionate than saving your past self for self preservation. Not only does Savior being just some guy carry a lot more dramatic oomph to it, but Josuke is all about is all about selflessness so it makes more sense for it to be a random dude.
mavstation
Beginner

Postby mavstation » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:52 pm

Pokemonejf101 wrote:Im guessing it was Josuke from the future, as he has all the same wounds as the final battle with Kira, but it ended up being a thing Araki just forgot or something, because it was never mentioned again.

Ok i think i should put my hat into it. I think it was originally going to be future Josuke HOWEVER Araki thought it would be better for it to be a random stranger rather than his future self because it wouldn't ruin his character that way. I dunno that's just me.
Something Something watch transformers prime

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 4-5-6”