Trish needs more love

You can bet on it... part 4-5-6 topics here!
Pork Pie Hat Kid
Beginner

Re: Trish needs more love

Postby Pork Pie Hat Kid » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Well, Polpo's actually had a pretty big purpose in Passione, he initiated recruits with the arrow in Black Sabbath give them a stand.

And yeah, I really want a sort of one shot describing the inner working of Passione into more detail, like who the other operatives were other than Polpo.
GWEEEEEEEEEE GACHANG. GWEEEEEEEE GACHANG. PRRRRRRRR.
DiegoBrandino
Stand User

Postby DiegoBrandino » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:13 am

Pork Pie Hat Kid wrote:Well, Polpo's actually had a pretty big purpose in Passione, he initiated recruits with the arrow in Black Sabbath give them a stand.

And yeah, I really want a sort of one shot describing the inner working of Passione into more detail, like who the other operatives were other than Polpo.

Of course- I'm not saying Polpo didn't play a part, but if you consider the fact that he did what he did while sitting comfortably in his cell without having to move a finger [except to hand over the lighter I guess] you'll hopefully see what I mean?
It's just that Trish doesn't seem like the type who'd take joy in having to do a lot of work, so staying with the gang and taking an operative position where all you basically do is occasionally test people to let them in the gang seems like something that'd suit her. Plus she wouldn't be the only operative, so theoretically she could go on vacation as much as she wants and her job'll still get done. And I mean she's the Boss' friend so maybe she doesn't even have to do work. :duwang And on the topic of one shots, I'd definitely like to know if Fugo decided to come back since he really seemed to like Giorno's sense of leadership. Passione probably wouldn't have changed much- their drug business would be the same, except they'd put age restrictions in place I guess. But it's definitely an interesting topic for another thread.
CrudeCross
Stand User

Postby CrudeCross » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:08 am

Well if you're interested in what Fugo does after the story, you could always check the Purple Haze Feedback novel. It's all about Fugo proving himself to Giorno after the latter becomes the boss.
DiegoBrandino
Stand User

Postby DiegoBrandino » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:22 pm

CrudeCross wrote:Well if you're interested in what Fugo does after the story, you could always check the Purple Haze Feedback novel. It's all about Fugo proving himself to Giorno after the latter becomes the boss.

I would have preferred something canon, but I definitely plan on giving it a look regardless since it's the only available option at the moment [and with Vento Aureo being one of the less popular parts and Araki's work load, I can't see that changing any time soon, if ever; a man can dream though] I don't think I'll ever understand the negative feedback that came with part 5 from outside Japan, since I hear most Japanese fans actually enjoyed it- but I digress.
zennyz
Stand Warrior

Postby zennyz » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:42 am

DiegoBrandino wrote:
CrudeCross wrote:Well if you're interested in what Fugo does after the story, you could always check the Purple Haze Feedback novel. It's all about Fugo proving himself to Giorno after the latter becomes the boss.

I would have preferred something canon, but I definitely plan on giving it a look regardless since it's the only available option at the moment [and with Vento Aureo being one of the less popular parts and Araki's work load, I can't see that changing any time soon, if ever; a man can dream though] I don't think I'll ever understand the negative feedback that came with part 5 from outside Japan, since I hear most Japanese fans actually enjoyed it- but I digress.

Nope
DiegoBrandino
Stand User

Postby DiegoBrandino » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:56 pm

The majority of comments I see from English readers are negative- in fact most of those comments are things like "it's stupid, Giorno isn't even a real protagonist" or "if there's a part you should skip it's part 5" etc. Of course it's all subjective, and I'm sure people have their own reasons for disliking it [it seems most center around Giorno and Diavolo being lackluster in their respective roles as protag and villain but I digress]
Saying "nope" as if Vento Aureo gets the support it deserves [at least from English speaking fans because, like I said in my last post, it seems to be really well received in Japan] seems to be a bit of a stretch from what I've been seeing.
Trying to make this a bit more on topic, as a person who genuinely enjoyed the part it makes me happy to see this sort of thread where lesser loved characters can get the love they deserve.
Pork Pie Hat Kid
Beginner

Postby Pork Pie Hat Kid » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:14 pm

The main beef with Part 5 for English readers seems to be the fact most people read through it with the shitty translation that sucked away all the character from the dialogue. Thankfully, there's some new translation team working on it
GWEEEEEEEEEE GACHANG. GWEEEEEEEE GACHANG. PRRRRRRRR.
Mr.E
Made in Heaven

Postby Mr.E » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:13 pm

I wouldn't mind reading Part 5 again. I hated the excess double pages. It made it hard to read the text (which the font was not too great) and I just end up forgetting most of it

Also, I can't wait to see Trish in some form for ASB :deigo2
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:00 pm

I like Trish. I like her stand which has a good power and has an unique interaction with its user. She may feel underdeveloped, but she's as developed as any other side character in the story. Maybe because of the translation or because she was the typical "princess", she felt less developed than other female characters but she did have her fair share of quirks and psychological depth.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
WhatABeautifulDUWANG
Newborn

Postby WhatABeautifulDUWANG » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Wh-what? That's a thing? I can get closure for one of the most heartbreaking moments in all of 5 (for me)? My, I do believe I'm catchin' the vapors!

On topic, Trish is cool, but she needs some more time in the oven. What she did to Biggy was great, her stand and stand name are awesome, her design is great, all the Trish x Mista shit at the end was adorable, but she didn't rightly....do...much. Ya know? I agree with that she should've been in ASB by default, like Kira, Annasui and Old Joseph should've been.
Rosetti
Stand Warrior

Postby Rosetti » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:04 am

Late celebration of Trish being playable in Eyes of Heaven

:dance1 :dance2 :dance3
ColonelMagenta943
Stand Requiem

Postby ColonelMagenta943 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:14 pm

The only interesting characters in this part were Bruno, Mista, Abbacchio, Pesci, his partner (Grateful dead user)Ghiaccio and Doppio.

Polpo was intriguing aswell but was killed off too soon.
"It's all in the game" Omar Little
"I'd rather betray the world, then let the world betray me" Cao Cao
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:49 pm

LegendarySSJ4 wrote:The only interesting characters in this part were Bruno, Mista, Abbacchio, Pesci, his partner (Grateful dead user)Ghiaccio and Doppio.

Polpo was intriguing aswell but was killed off too soon.

Stop necro posting so much :jolyne2
Check out the spiritual successor to the 7th Stand User, approved by Clayman herself, here: http://7su2.tumblr.com
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:56 pm

He does this from time to time. He's still saying facts, lol.
“HANDLE ENOUGH BALLS AND EVENTUALLY YOU'll GET THE MONEY SHOT” “GET IT?” “BALLS?”
jda95
Evolved Stand

Postby jda95 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:20 am

Necroposting just to bash Giorno though? :jolyne2
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:44 pm

Yeah, that's a little unfair.
“HANDLE ENOUGH BALLS AND EVENTUALLY YOU'll GET THE MONEY SHOT” “GET IT?” “BALLS?”
ColonelMagenta943
Stand Requiem

Postby ColonelMagenta943 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:55 am

The irony is quite strong in this thread. :kakyoin
"It's all in the game" Omar Little
"I'd rather betray the world, then let the world betray me" Cao Cao
jda95
Evolved Stand

Postby jda95 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:29 pm

LegendarySSJ4 wrote:The irony is quite strong in this thread. :kakyoin