Skipping Part 5?

You can bet on it... part 4-5-6 topics here!
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Re: Skipping Part 5?

Postby Gee Bone » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Stardust Crusaders did Stardust Crusaders right.
“HANDLE ENOUGH BALLS AND EVENTUALLY YOU'll GET THE MONEY SHOT” “GET IT?” “BALLS?”
ColonelMagenta943
Stand Requiem

Postby ColonelMagenta943 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:58 pm

Part 5 had a lot of potential, it's a shame that Araki could not capitalise it. Aside from Beach boy, White Album, Metallica and Oasis, every other arc was lame. Italian setting was nice on the other hand though.
If only he could have explored the mafia setting a bit more, a weak JJBA part overall.

P.S - Subjective opinion.
Last edited by ColonelMagenta943 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's all in the game" Omar Little
"I'd rather betray the world, then let the world betray me" Cao Cao
Joker
Evolved Stand

Postby Joker » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:00 am

I won't beat the dead horse about Vento Aureo's wasted potential. So I'll just say this...

"You should at least give part 5 a try, if for nothing else than the genuinely good bits. If you do that and still don't like it then fine, skip it. It won't affect your enjoyment of the later parts since part 5 is pretty self contained."
Wearer of the Crown
Evolved Stand

Postby Wearer of the Crown » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:44 am

Yeah....no. First time I've heard someone say something about skipping part 5. It's usually the first two parts since people just want to get to the stands. But please don't skip anything.
I left my wallet somewhere...
ClassicGuardian
Gangster Star

Postby ClassicGuardian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:25 pm

I see no amount of "wasted potential" in Part 5 that isn't in any other arc.

We all have our least favorite arcs. None deserved to be skipped.
NostalgiaFan wrote:If there was ever a right time for ClassicGuardian to be pissed and cry about how JOJO is being treated without respect with a justified purpose, now would be the right time.

XLIFE wrote:Now that you mention it, I just noticed I haven't seen him rant in a while.
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Oh a flame war starting...
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:04 pm

I disliked Part 5 even moreso than Part 1, but I still didn't stop reading it through to the end. Now that the properly accurate re-translation is up to the Man in the Mirror arc, there's even less reason to skip.

What you should do is: read the entire manga from Part 1 to 8 (although 8's still running, so if you wanted, you could just finish Part 7 and then wait until Part 8 finishes), or watch the anime of the first three Parts (as they're a pitch-perfect adaptation) and then read from Part 4 onwards.

And, if you've got the stamina, you can even read the light novel Purple Haze Feedback, following the character Fugo after the events of Part 5, after you finish reading Part 5.
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
ClassicGuardian
Gangster Star

Postby ClassicGuardian » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Kira Kira wrote:I disliked Part 5 even moreso than Part 1

I just have to ask, why your avatar is Giorno! Not in some contradictory way but I feel like if what you say is so, how did that come to be?
NostalgiaFan wrote:If there was ever a right time for ClassicGuardian to be pissed and cry about how JOJO is being treated without respect with a justified purpose, now would be the right time.

XLIFE wrote:Now that you mention it, I just noticed I haven't seen him rant in a while.
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:46 pm

ClassicGuardian wrote:
Kira Kira wrote:I disliked Part 5 even moreso than Part 1

I just have to ask, why your avatar is Giorno! Not in some contradictory way but I feel like if what you say is so, how did that come to be?

Because Giorno does look pretty badass in some of the manga panels in Part 5 (such as the one I chose as my avatar) and, even though Part 5 might be my least favourite Part, there are still things I love about it. Gold Experience is one of my favourite Stand designs, the group dynamic is only second to Part 4 (I honestly don't know who my favourite member of Buccellati's gang is between Abbacchio, Narancia, Fugo, Trish, & Buccellati himself), some of the fights are pretty interesting to read (Black Sabbath, the train fight, King Crimson vs. Metallica, all of Narancia's solo battles), and I've gradually been realising that it's not as bad as I thought with the new translations and this French girl I follow on Tumblr ('jazztronic', in case you were wondering) who writes and reblogs posts about Part 5 that have given me a fresh and more positive perspective on it.
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
fossilrumbler96
Newborn

Postby fossilrumbler96 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:35 am

Thats stupid, just as stupid as people playing a game like Mass Effect 3 and not playing the ones before it. Even if its bad (which it isn't) you should never skip anything unless its a Naruto filler. Thats just playing smart. :laugh
ecoolarg
Newborn

Postby ecoolarg » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:17 am

SPOILERS
:giornod So this thread ... Part 5 is actually my favorite jojo part... although I have to be honest its totally not for everybody, mainly because it doesn't have a coherent flow like parts 3 4 had, nor does it have a balls the the wall approach like 6 and 7 did. What I mean is that although some fights are some of my favorites in the franchise( like aerosmith vs littlefeet) is not the main focus of the series like I think part 6´s is, and there is little to no ¨down time¨(maybe when they are inside MR Presidents room).
I love everything about this series, even the common complains mainly beacuse or it suits the narrative or its original in it on itself. for example, King Crimson despicable ¨just works¨ stand, Giorno attitude towards passione in general and his goal of becoming king of the pira...I mean gangstar, hell I even like fugo and his disappearance ,I know its a actual plothole that came to be thanks to Araki changing his mind, but to be honest he was already the most mysterious member of giorno´s gang and such its a nice out of the blue change...sometimes people just leave and that is it...besides purplehaze its way to dangerous when you consider that diavolo could trick him to punch fugo itself or any member of the gang.
END SPOILERS
at the end of the day...there is nothing really that plot essential that carries on to part 6... so you theoretically can, but I feel you gain a nice story about goals expectation and respect against a predetermined destine and how you can overcome it with enough determination and a soild squad
.................Emerald Splash!..............................
meirin-swan
Beginner

Postby meirin-swan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:22 pm

Anyone who seriously contemplates skipping parts can not be trusted.
HECATIA X JUNKO OTP

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 4-5-6”