Passione's structure

You can bet on it... part 4-5-6 topics here!
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Passione's structure

Postby Kira Kira » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:18 pm

So, I was wondering how similar and how different Passione is to actual Mafia organisations in Italy (apart from the obvious; evidently, there aren't Stand users in the real-life Mafia), in terms of structure, operation, etc.?

I was also curious as to where Diavolo's Guard Squad (Squalo, Tiziano, Carne, Cioccolata and Secco) actually stand in his organisation? Are they only ever used as last-resorts (as Diavolo implies with Cioccolata and Secco)? It looks like neither Buccellati's group nor La Squadra nor even Doppio were aware of their existence, but they must get paid a buttload to be given that kind of privilege without apparently having regular work.

However, an alternative theory could be that they were brought in/promoted up the ranks to replace La Squadra, who'd since defected after Sorbet and Gelato were killed.
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Re: Passione's structure

Postby Nabu-san » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Dont think they have specialized squads like this.
Moreover where does that Diavolo guard thing came from? Dont think it was ever mentioned.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
blind51de
Made in Heaven

Postby blind51de » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:51 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caporegime

"Teams" are crews. "Operatives" are capos, or made men. I'm guessing Risotto was a capo.
Cioccolata and Secco would just be dangerous mafiosi who were kept under a tight leash until they were needed.
http://spwsubs.blog.fc2.com/
柱柱‥ご存じ柱?
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Nabu-san wrote:Moreover where does that Diavolo guard thing came from? Dont think it was ever mentioned.

In the original manga, in Japanese.
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:03 pm

Kira Kira wrote:
Nabu-san wrote:Moreover where does that Diavolo guard thing came from? Dont think it was ever mentioned.

Are you sure it's named like this? Diavolo guard? Isn't it more Diavolo's goons?
Why would Diavolo need a guard, he trusts no one and lives throught a secret identity.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
blind51de
Made in Heaven

Postby blind51de » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:48 pm

Nabu-san wrote:
Kira Kira wrote:

Are you sure it's named like this? Diavolo guard? Isn't it more Diavolo's goons?
Why would Diavolo need a guard, he trusts no one and lives throught a secret identity.

I like "enforcer" better than "guard squad", though there isn't a mafia or even yakuza equivalent (closest is sicarios in the narco structure, who aren't freelancers). I'm under the assumption that these guys are below Doppio in the hierarchy, as close to an inner circle as Diavolo has since he has no consigliere.

Diavolo probably issues an order through Doppio or whatever channels reach capos like Pericolo, and these guys act. They could very well have been the ones who chopped up Sorbet and Gelato.
http://spwsubs.blog.fc2.com/
柱柱‥ご存じ柱?
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:04 am

blind51de wrote:
Nabu-san wrote:Are you sure it's named like this? Diavolo guard? Isn't it more Diavolo's goons?

I like "enforcer" better than "guard squad", though there isn't a mafia or even yakuza equivalent (closest is sicarios in the narco structure, who aren't freelancers). I'm under the assumption that these guys are below Doppio in the hierarchy, as close to an inner circle as Diavolo has since he has no consigliere.

Diavolo probably issues an order through Doppio or whatever channels reach capos like Pericolo, and these guys act. They could very well have been the ones who chopped up Sorbet and Gelato.

Yeah, Diavolo would presumably need people to act for him and take out traitors without having to risk revealing himself in public (despite his near-invincible Stand, his paranoia shows that he's a vulnerable mofo), and this is evidenced by Doppio and how he acts on Diavolo's behalf after the gang's discovery of the photo he took in Sardinia. In that sense, they could be considered 'bodyguards' - but yeah, I suppose 'enforcers' would be a better description for their job.

And yeah, I basically headcanon Cioccolata (possibly accompanied by Secco, if they are truly inseparable) as being the one who killed Sorbet and Gelato, considering how he talks about he knows which parts of the human body can be cut off without the victim dying, and it's probably the kind of sick job he'd jump at.

I doubt Diavolo would show his face to perform such a petty task as killing a couple of traitors, even if they were just going to die anyway. I mean, Polnareff actually managing to unearth not only Diavolo's identity but his real name is regarded as a pretty big deal in the context of Part 5, which is why Diavolo practically shits himself when he realises he might be the one Buccellati and co. were intending to meet in Rome.

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 4-5-6”