More Stand rulebreakers

You can bet on it... part 4-5-6 topics here!
User avatar
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:08 am
Location: Britain

More Stand rulebreakers

Postby Kira Kira » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:01 pm

I've found two new plotholes in the Jojo series.

1) Kira's Killer Queen is meant to only be able to use one bomb at a time (that's why he had to cancel Bite the Dust so he could defend himself against Jousuke with regular Killer Queen). But while his Sheer Heart Attack is active (albeit, temporarily hindered by Koichi's 3-FREEZE), he uses his primary bomb to turn his wallet into a bomb and blow up the fingers of some guy bothering him. So what gives?

2) If Stands can only be affected/hurt by other Stands, how did the Sex Pistols get trapped and injured by Cioccolata's scalpel? The wounds on their bodies are implied to be inflicted by Cioccolata himself, in a cutting or slicing manner, rather than the mould of his Green Day, and Mista himself deals considerable damage because of multiple Pistols being ambushed like this too. Is it because the Sex Pistols are technically independent beings that need to eat and stuff that makes them exempt from this rule? If so, does that technically make them living beings? But then, they should be able to be seen by non-Stand users, but I don't believe that was ever indicated to be the case in the manga proper.

What are your thoughts?
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
User avatar
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven
Posts: 4963
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:56 pm
Location: France

Re: More Stand rulebreakers

Postby Nabu-san » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:16 pm

1)
Bomb n°1 right hand
Bomb n°2 Left hand
Bomb n°3 Whole body

2)Looks like generic Stand destruction to me. Sex Pistols are just rather unruly Stands who like to eat even if they don't needto.
Image
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
User avatar
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand
Posts: 689
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:08 am
Location: Britain

Re: More Stand rulebreakers

Postby Kira Kira » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:02 am

Nabu-san wrote:1)
Bomb n°1 right hand
Bomb n°2 Left hand
Bomb n°3 Whole body


But the fact of the matter is, Killer Queen is shown to use more than one bomb at a time when it's previously (and later) stated that he can only use one, even if they are assigned to different hands.

It's like how, when Killer Queen charges one objective into a bomb with Bomb No. 1, he can't do it again until the first object is detonated. (And, even though Bomb No. 2 wouldn't have worked on Jousuke due to his Crazy Diamond being able to return it to his left hand, Kira wasn't necessarily aware of that, as far as I can tell, so he could've used Sheer Heart Attack even while Okuyasu was primed to explode during his fight with Jousuke.)

Nabu-san wrote:2)Looks like generic Stand destruction to me. Sex Pistols are just rather unruly Stands who like to eat even if they don't needto.


But that's not what it is depicted in the story. I know we don't explicitly see how they're damaged, but the presence of Cioccolata's surgical equipment (which was later revealed to have been used on even himself, to hide and attack people like Giorno) suggests that he outright cut up the Sex Pistols like they were ordinary people. Cioccolata's knives and scalpels are not part of Green Day, and the only time the mould appears to come into play there is to damage the Stand users and stop his own body parts from bleeding out (although even he credits a big part of that to his own medical expertise).
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
User avatar
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven
Posts: 4963
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:56 pm
Location: France

Re: More Stand rulebreakers

Postby Nabu-san » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:17 am

When they say Killer Queen cannot use more than one bomb at a time, they meant, Bomb n°1 cannot transform more than one object into bombs at a time. Otherwise he's free to use SHA and use Bomb n°1. Him not using SHA during the final fight had no clear reason at least I reckon, but the last time he tried SHA against these meddling kids, he got owned hard, so there's that. The final part 4 could have many outcomes. What if Kira didn't shout his name out loud? What if he used BTD on the civilian he met earlier? What if the simply blew the house up?

I think that the surgery equipment had nothing to do with the Pistols being cut down, especially if we later see Cioccolata holding nothing in his hands. A scalpel that can hurt even stands sure would have been handy, but he didn't have one. Anyway, Cioccolata wouldn't have any way of figuring that the Pistols would have the weakness you are proposing. I will also add that Green Day has physical stats surpassing those of the Pistols, A Destructive Power, C Speed, faster and stronger than them. Again we're not sure, but I don't think Araki forgot that Stands can only be hurt by Stands.
Image
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
User avatar
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven
Posts: 1764
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:55 pm
Location: NY, New York

Re: More Stand rulebreakers

Postby Kyojo777 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:26 pm

Nabu-san wrote:When they say Killer Queen cannot use more than one bomb at a time, they meant, Bomb n°1 cannot transform more than one object into bombs at a time. Otherwise he's free to use SHA and use Bomb n°1. Him not using SHA during the final fight had no clear reason at least I reckon, but the last time he tried SHA against these meddling kids, he got owned hard, so there's that. The final part 4 could have many outcomes. What if Kira didn't shout his name out loud? What if he used BTD on the civilian he met earlier? What if the simply blew the house up?

I think that the surgery equipment had nothing to do with the Pistols being cut down, especially if we later see Cioccolata holding nothing in his hands. A scalpel that can hurt even stands sure would have been handy, but he didn't have one. Anyway, Cioccolata wouldn't have any way of figuring that the Pistols would have the weakness you are proposing. I will also add that Green Day has physical stats surpassing those of the Pistols, A Destructive Power, C Speed, faster and stronger than them. Again we're not sure, but I don't think Araki forgot that Stands can only be hurt by Stands.


Well the manga says that Kira doesn't bother with SHA because Josuke can just restore it, making it run back to Kira.
Check out the spiritual successor to the 7th Stand User, approved by Clayman herself, here: http://7su2.tumblr.com

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 4-5-6”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest