Let's try to list all the Part 4 plot holes

You can bet on it... part 4-5-6 topics here!
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Re: Let's try to list all the Part 4 plot holes

Postby Kyojo777 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:38 pm

Nabu-san wrote:By that time shouldn't it have sunken into you that Josuke doesn't automatically think about using CD?

A decade of having a Stand doesn't mean much when you don't use it often. Where was the need to train CD? How often would Josuke need to fix things? How do you train to fix things?
DiU is telling only a few key moments, "quite often" is meaningless since we don't know how many times passes between each encounter, is it days, is it weeks? In several months, 16 days passed in which Josuke had used CD, enough to acquire reflex about using CD? I doubt it.

That's why Jotaro, who after less than 30 days, reflexively used Star Platinum to stop that truck, right? My point still stands. If you want an answer, read my previous posts.
Check out the spiritual successor to the 7th Stand User, approved by Clayman herself, here: http://7su2.tumblr.com
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:07 am

You're comparing a life or death situation with minor problems, good thinking.
Why can't you swallow the fact that these characters aren't comfortably sitting in their room reenacting fantasy scenarios about fights?
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:42 am

Nabu-san wrote:You're comparing a life or death situation with minor problems, good thinking.
Why can't you swallow the fact that these characters aren't comfortably sitting in their room reenacting fantasy scenarios about fights?

Because time and time again have these characters proven that they can execute smart and complex plans in the heat of battle. Are you just gonna forget about Polnareff?
Check out the spiritual successor to the 7th Stand User, approved by Clayman herself, here: http://7su2.tumblr.com
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:21 am

Why does every character have to be Polnareff to you?
Why can't you understand that Josuke not using CD for every little problem isn't the same as Polnareff having to formulate a plan in life or death situation?
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Joker
Evolved Stand

Postby Joker » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:30 am

Nabu-san wrote:Why can't you understand that Josuke not using CD for every little problem isn't the same as Polnareff having to formulate a plan in life or death situation?

IIRC, didn't Polnareff say he trained with his Stand for ten years?
It makes sense that he has a better grasp of combat strategy as opposed to Josuke who had been using CD for trivial things up until the stsrt of DiU.
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:31 am

Joker wrote:
Nabu-san wrote:Why can't you understand that Josuke not using CD for every little problem isn't the same as Polnareff having to formulate a plan in life or death situation?

It makes sense that he has a better grasp of combat strategy as opposed to Josuke who had been using CD for trivial things up until the stsrt of DiU.

That's an unvalid argument since he reverted to 4 years old himself.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Joker
Evolved Stand

Postby Joker » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:35 am

Nabu-san wrote:
Joker wrote:

That's an unvalid argument since he reverted to 4 years old himself.

Oh, my bad. I thought we were talking generally. :doppio
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Nabu-san wrote:Why does every character have to be Polnareff to you?
Why can't you understand that Josuke not using CD for every little problem isn't the same as Polnareff having to formulate a plan in life or death situation?

Again. He was four.
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:26 pm

Do you even read my posts?
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:29 pm

Nabu-san wrote:Do you even read my posts?

Do you even read my posts?
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:02 pm

But you're saying bullshit Kyojo, there's no arguing with you.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:27 pm

You mean reasoning
“HANDLE ENOUGH BALLS AND EVENTUALLY YOU'll GET THE MONEY SHOT” “GET IT?” “BALLS?”
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Nabu-san wrote:But you're saying bullshit Kyojo, there's no arguing with you.

I'm not spouting bullshit, it's you who is. But, at this point I'm done.
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:55 am

Kyojo777 wrote:Why didn't Josuke restore the first phone he broke during the Highway Speed Star fight?

Because it was a gag. It's more funny to have Jousuke just steal random people's phones than to simply fix it.
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:41 am

Kira Kira wrote:
Kyojo777 wrote:Why didn't Josuke restore the first phone he broke during the Highway Speed Star fight?

Because it was a gag. It's more funny to have Jousuke just steal random people's phones than to simply fix it.

While it was funny, it still would have made more sense for him to just fix the first one.
thysania agrippina
Newborn

Postby thysania agrippina » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:04 pm

Kira Kira wrote:Because it was a gag. It's more funny to have Jousuke just steal random people's phones than to simply fix it.

It's totally in keeping with random gag moments throughout jjba, so yeah. That's really the answer.

I hate nitpicking but at least on the phone thing, aside from the joke part - I'd say that Josuke forgetting how his own Stand works isn't a plot hole in and of itself. If something that was supposed to do something just, y'know, didn't - plot hole. If a character plum forgets to do something themselves and goes around it, it's just somebody being human.
IXaac
Newborn

Postby IXaac » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:31 pm

thysania agrippina wrote:
Kira Kira wrote:Because it was a gag. It's more funny to have Jousuke just steal random people's phones than to simply fix it.

It's totally in keeping with random gag moments throughout jjba, so yeah. That's really the answer.

I hate nitpicking but at least on the phone thing, aside from the joke part - I'd say that Josuke forgetting how his own Stand works isn't a plot hole in and of itself. If something that was supposed to do something just, y'know, didn't - plot hole. If a character plum forgets to do something themselves and goes around it, it's just somebody being human.

This is a good point. I think that Josuke didn't think about. Sure he and just about every jojo character have to fight in odd and intense situations, but mistakes still occur. Josuke is only human (well, technically he is just a character in a work of fiction, but whatever). Josuke and part 4 characters in general seem to be more prone to mistakes than other parts' characters, except for Rohan. I think this can attributed to the fact that most are really just high school kids.

You can't really say that about Jotaro, who was in several fights since he started high school and had much bigger stakes in his adventure. Anyways, my point is that it would be hard to concentrate on using a stand, which is a psychic power so focus MAY be difficult, and driving a motorcycle at 60 mph and focusing on keeping track of an enemy.

Or possibly it flew at of his hands before the thought of actually fixing went through his mind(and pompadour).
Would it be cliche to say
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 4-5-6”