(Spoilers part IV) About the rat...

You can bet on it... part 4-5-6 topics here!
NaranciaBestWaifu
Stand User

(Spoilers part IV) About the rat...

Postby NaranciaBestWaifu » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:51 pm

...Or should I say, the rats, why does the two rats have the same stand? How does it work ? Did Akira shot the two rats together and that could explain it, Or is it just a coincidence ?
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Re: (Spoilers part IV) About the rat...

Postby Kyojo777 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:34 pm

NaranciaBestWaifu wrote:...Or should I say, the rats, why does the two rats have the same stand? How does it work ? Did Akira shot the two rats together and that could explain it, Or is it just a coincidence ?

They do because they do.

Literally as simple as that. A better question would be why Jotaro and Dio have the same exact stand.
Check out the spiritual successor to the 7th Stand User, approved by Clayman herself, here: http://7su2.tumblr.com
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Joutarou and Dio don't have the same exact Stand. Their Stands just have the same ability, presumably because of their bloodline connection.
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:55 pm

For some reasons, relatives occasionally have the same power or type of power.
the d'arbys had both soul manipulation
joseph and jonathan's stand divined stuff too

there ain't exactly a rule about no stand having the same power as another stand.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Kira Kira wrote:Joutarou and Dio don't have the same exact Stand. Their Stands just have the same ability, presumably because of their bloodline connection.

The only difference is that The World has greater range.

Nabu-san wrote:For some reasons, relatives occasionally have the same power or type of power.
the d'arbys had both soul manipulation
joseph and jonathan's stand divined stuff too

there ain't exactly a rule about no stand having the same power as another stand.

This.
Check out the spiritual successor to the 7th Stand User, approved by Clayman herself, here: http://7su2.tumblr.com
NaranciaBestWaifu
Stand User

Postby NaranciaBestWaifu » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:46 am

Ok, thanks to you all. ^^ I guess we can say "it just works"
MetallicKaiser
Made in Heaven

Postby MetallicKaiser » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Probably has to do with them being similar enough in nature to be regarded as one being. If stand's are based off some type of willpower, than these rats are like the exact same in that regard. Its in similar vain to some other stand users we see later in the series. It's not a stand rule, so no loophole needed for this one.
NaranciaBestWaifu
Stand User

Postby NaranciaBestWaifu » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:33 am

Ok, thank you too !
Joker
Evolved Stand

Postby Joker » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:19 am

IIRC There is also the "Shared Stand" thing right, where more than one person controls a single Stand.

I know it was mostly contained to Part 7 but could it also apply here with the Rats?
NaranciaBestWaifu
Stand User

Postby NaranciaBestWaifu » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Joker wrote:IIRC There is also the "Shared Stand" thing right, where more than one person controls a single Stand.

I know it was mostly contained to Part 7 but could it also apply here with the Rats?

Didn't read part 7 but like you explained it, it's not exactly the same thing, it's explained that each of the two rats have his own stand.
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:48 am

Also, it could be conjectured that rats, being simpler animals than humans, have less biological or spiritual variability. Those two rats might've been related, or merely have similar levels of spiritual strength. In a story context, they probably looked and acted the same to Joutarou and Jousuke anyway.

Kyojo777 wrote:
Kira Kira wrote:Joutarou and Dio don't have the same exact Stand. Their Stands just have the same ability, presumably because of their bloodline connection.

In addition to less durability and greater time-stop potential (i.e. Joutarou only ever got his time-stop to last 5 seconds, while Dio's extended his to 11 seconds before he was defeated), but yeah.

To go off on a tangent for a moment, I always found it strange that The World was able to travel further from its user than Star Platinum (and other short-range Stands of its ilk) was from theirs. Normally, short-range Stands' ranges are between 1-5 metres (with most possessing an effective range of 2m), but Dio could summon his Stand from 10 metres away. :world
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Kira Kira wrote:Also, it could be conjectured that rats, being simpler animals than humans, have less biological or spiritual variability. Those two rats might've been related, or merely have similar levels of spiritual strength. In a story context, they probably looked and acted the same to Joutarou and Jousuke anyway.

Kyojo777 wrote:

In addition to less durability and greater time-stop potential (i.e. Joutarou only ever got his time-stop to last 5 seconds, while Dio's extended his to 11 seconds before he was defeated), but yeah.

To go off on a tangent for a moment, I always found it strange that The World was able to travel further from its user than Star Platinum (and other short-range Stands of its ilk) was from theirs. Normally, short-range Stands' ranges are between 1-5 metres (with most possessing an effective range of 2m), but Dio could summon his Stand from 10 metres away. :world

The World doesn't have greater time-stop potential, both it and Star Platinum could stop time for eternity, but since the most a human can endure in Stopped time is 5 seconds, Jotaro can only use the ability for 5 seconds. Dio, however, is a vampire, and (somehow) has infinte stamina, but because of his neck wound he could only stop time for seconds at a time.

Yeah, which doesn't make sense since it's physically stronger than Star Platinum.
NaranciaBestWaifu
Stand User

Postby NaranciaBestWaifu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:57 pm

Kira Kira wrote:Also, it could be conjectured that rats, being simpler animals than humans, have less biological or spiritual variability. Those two rats might've been related, or merely have similar levels of spiritual strength. In a story context, they probably looked and acted the same to Joutarou and Jousuke anyway.

Kyojo777 wrote:

That's 'cause Dio is powerful, like REALLY powerful, after all, he can stop the time longer than Jotaro, so it's normal...

Even if, you're right, 10 meters is maybe too much...
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:00 pm

It's because Dio has more stamina than a human can ever have.

On that note, would learning the Ripple increase the amount of time Jotaro can stop since he would have more stamina?
NaranciaBestWaifu
Stand User

Postby NaranciaBestWaifu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:00 pm

The World doesn't have greater time-stop potential, both it and Star Platinum could stop time for eternity, but since the most a human can endure in Stopped time is 5 seconds, Jotaro can only use the ability for 5 seconds. Dio, however, is a vampire, and (somehow) has infinte stamina, but because of his neck wound he could only stop time for seconds at a time.

Yeah, which doesn't make sense since it's physically stronger than Star Platinum.

Wait... I don't think both of them can stop time for eternity, I mean, maybe The World but... Star Platinum can only stop it 1 or 2 seconds, 5 when in great danger.
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:03 pm

NaranciaBestWaifu wrote:
Kyojo777 wrote:The World doesn't have greater time-stop potential, both it and Star Platinum could stop time for eternity, but since the most a human can endure in Stopped time is 5 seconds, Jotaro can only use the ability for 5 seconds. Dio, however, is a vampire, and (somehow) has infinte stamina, but because of his neck wound he could only stop time for seconds at a time.

Wait... I don't think both of them can stop time for eternity, I mean, maybe The World but... Star Platinum can only stop it 1 or 2 seconds, 5 when in great danger.

Did you not read my post? It's because the most a human can endure in stopped time is 5 seconds, and Jotaro being a human he can't stop time for more then 5 seconds.
NaranciaBestWaifu
Stand User

Postby NaranciaBestWaifu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Kyojo777 wrote:
NaranciaBestWaifu wrote:The World doesn't have greater time-stop potential, both it and Star Platinum could stop time for eternity, but since the most a human can endure in Stopped time is 5 seconds, Jotaro can only use the ability for 5 seconds. Dio, however, is a vampire, and (somehow) has infinte stamina, but because of his neck wound he could only stop time for seconds at a time.

Did you not read my post? It's because the most a human can endure in stopped time is 5 seconds, and Jotaro being a human he can't stop time for more then 5 seconds.[/quote]

I know but, in part 3 Jotaro says something to himself like: "I can't stop the time for more than 1 second" So... if he was able to stop it 5 seconds whenever he wants it, he would have done it I think...
NaranciaBestWaifu
Stand User

Postby NaranciaBestWaifu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:08 pm

He also says it after taking out the rat's needle from Josuke
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:10 pm

NaranciaBestWaifu wrote:
Kyojo777 wrote:
Did you not read my post? It's because the most a human can endure in stopped time is 5 seconds, and Jotaro being a human he can't stop time for more then 5 seconds.

I know but, in part 3 Jotaro says something to himself like: "I can't stop the time for more than 1 second" So... if he was able to stop it 5 seconds whenever he wants it, he would have done it I think...

That's because he just unlocked the ability, so he couldn't use it as well as he could in the end of the fight.

NaranciaBestWaifu wrote:He also says it after taking out the rat's needle from Josuke

That's because he didn't practice in 10 years.
NaranciaBestWaifu
Stand User

Postby NaranciaBestWaifu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Kyojo777 wrote:
NaranciaBestWaifu wrote:
Kyojo777 wrote:

That's because he just unlocked the ability, so he couldn't use it as well as he could in the end of the fight.

NaranciaBestWaifu wrote:He also says it after taking out the rat's needle from Josuke

That's because he didn't practice in 10 years.

Ok, seems legit then ^^ (even if having the ability to stop the time and don't use it in 10 years is kinda stupid)

Another thing, when do you learn that the maximum a human can endure in time stop is 5 seconds?

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 4-5-6”