Limp Bizkit

You can bet on it... part 4-5-6 topics here!
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Limp Bizkit

Postby Kira Kira » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:41 pm

Maybe I'm just stupid, but something about Sports Maxx's 'Stand power' always confused me. If his ability is to revive the dead as invisible zombies, why is it that the actual corpses stay there and only react when Ermes and the others killed the zombies? Like, when Ermes killed that alligator zombie, its corpse burst blood. Were they just fighting invisible spirits, or what?
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
MetallicKaiser
Made in Heaven

Re: Limp Bizkit

Postby MetallicKaiser » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Yeah, kinda seems like Limp Bizkit unleashes tangible ghosts from the corpses, who also act like zombies?
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:42 pm

That's what it looks like. The strange thing is, when Sports Maxx used his Stand ability on himself, his corpse had physically left the pipe that he died in. But perhaps it's just an exception because it's his own body and, as such, can control what happens to it better, as the Stand user in the first place.

Either way, it made following the fight more confusing than it should've been (which becomes kind of a trend for Part 6 battles, IMO).
MetallicKaiser
Made in Heaven

Postby MetallicKaiser » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:57 pm

I think it was implied his actual body fell down the pipe, or at least, Hermes couldn't confirm it cause it was too dark.

She also tried to simplify the situation to Jolyene and FF by saying theyre invisible zombies, which I assume was for the reader as well.
blind51de
Made in Heaven

Postby blind51de » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:54 pm

It would've been interesting if Sports Max had used LB to resurrect a huge swarm of ghost insects. Since obviously countless bugs have died for every crocodile in Florida.
That would've been more terrifying to be honest.
http://spwsubs.blog.fc2.com/
柱柱‥ご存じ柱?
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:32 am

MetallicKaiser wrote:I think it was implied his actual body fell down the pipe, or at least, Hermes couldn't confirm it cause it was too dark.

She also tried to simplify the situation to Jolyene and FF by saying theyre invisible zombies, which I assume was for the reader as well.

Yeah, that makes more sense.

blind51de wrote:It would've been interesting if Sports Max had used LB to resurrect a huge swarm of ghost insects. Since obviously countless bugs have died for every crocodile in Florida.

It would, but Araki likes his horror movie zombies.
umgogo
Newborn

Postby umgogo » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:25 pm

blind51de wrote:It would've been interesting if Sports Max had used LB to resurrect a huge swarm of ghost insects. Since obviously countless bugs have died for every crocodile in Florida.

That would have required him having a huge amount of pinned insects on hand, since Limp Bizkit apparently needs bodies to create zombies. (The bird, alligator and humans were all present when he activated LB.)
シアーハートアタックに... 弱点はない. 狙った標的は必ず仕留める....

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 4-5-6”