*SPOILERS* A particular inconsistency with King Crimson

You can bet on it... part 4-5-6 topics here!
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

*SPOILERS* A particular inconsistency with King Crimson

Postby Kira Kira » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Don't worry, this isn't yet another thread asking how King Crimson works. Well, not really.

But, even though I pretty much get how the ability works and how said ability is depicted within the manga, there's a certain 'inconsistency' that I've never been able to get over.

OK, so when Risotto tries to use his Stand to guide Aerosmith's bullets into Diavolo, Diavolo instead uses King Crimson to skip and erase 0.5 seconds of time, right? When he does this, the bullets fly straight through him, as if he doesn't even exist in the world anymore.

But later, as he's fighting Giorno's Gold Experience Requiem and Mista fires his bullets at him, why does he have to physically move his head out of the way? Wouldn't the bullets just pass through him anyway, if his and his Stand's body is effectively immaterial in his world of erased time? It's not like we've ever seen him being hurt or affected within his erased space of time before, and even when he uses against Buccellati in their first battle, Buccellati/Sticky Fingers' fists phase right through him like he's a ghost.

So what gives? Why would Diavolo dodge Mista's bullets when, from what we've witnessed earlier, he doesn't even need to?
"The patterned juggler lifts his hand; the orchestra begin.
As slowly turns the grinding wheel, in the Court of the Crimson King."
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Re: *SPOILERS* A particular inconsistency with King Crimson

Postby Nabu-san » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:44 pm

maybe it's a question of pov, for risotto, it looks like the bullet teleported, but if in diavolo's pov, he actually has to move.
or he already moved out of the way, but people just don't know it yet.

you know, you remind me of the guard who kept poking at King Arthur's coconuts.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:50 pm

Nabu-san wrote:maybe it's a question of pov, for risotto, it looks like the bullet teleported, but if in diavolo's pov, he actually has to move.
or he already moved out of the way, but people just don't know it yet.

you know, you remind me of the guard who kept poking at King Arthur's coconuts.

Yeah, perhaps. IIRC, the scene technically starts with Risotto noticing the bullets piercing the skin, and then it's revealed that King Crimson had skipped time.

And I don't know who the guard you're referring to is. I presume he's nitpicky? ;)
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:58 pm

you know, the one in Holy Grail
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Nabu-san wrote:you know, the one in Holy Grail

Never seen it myself.
Banjo Jonochi
Stand Warrior

Postby Banjo Jonochi » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:34 pm

It's been a while since I read Parte 5 so I could be wrong about this, but I would think that maybe in that instance, Diavolo had prior used King Crimson's time skip ability and unlike DIO with The World's time stops, Diavolo is only human therefore he can't constantly spam time skips whenever he wants. But then again who's knows.
Joshua Davis: Especially when it's ******' JustKeepThatInMind, the dude does rants about bird **** and trees! How the **** can you take the man's words seriously!
Juice Fan: Betcha didn't know that?! That is why I am the ultimate Darknessthecurse FANBOY!
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:59 am

Banjo Jonochi wrote:It's been a while since I read Parte 5 so I could be wrong about this, but I would think that maybe in that instance, Diavolo had prior used King Crimson's time skip ability and unlike DIO with The World's time stops, Diavolo is only human therefore he can't constantly spam time skips whenever he wants. But then again who's knows.

No offence, but I don't understand what you're trying to say in relevance to the topic.
Kyojo777
Made in Heaven

Postby Kyojo777 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:57 pm

Kira Kira wrote:
Banjo Jonochi wrote:It's been a while since I read Parte 5 so I could be wrong about this, but I would think that maybe in that instance, Diavolo had prior used King Crimson's time skip ability and unlike DIO with The World's time stops, Diavolo is only human therefore he can't constantly spam time skips whenever he wants. But then again who's knows.

No offence, but I don't understand what you're trying to say in relevance to the topic.

He's trying to say that Diavolo was probably spent, so that's why he didn't skip time when Mista's bullets were headed his way, which makes sense since Diavolo did say that he couldn't use time skip a lot due to the lack of metal in his body.
Check out the spiritual successor to the 7th Stand User, approved by Clayman herself, here: http://7su2.tumblr.com
Banjo Jonochi
Stand Warrior

Postby Banjo Jonochi » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:59 pm

Kira Kira wrote:

Sorry about that, what I was trying to say was that when you asked why Diavolo had to physically move out of the way as Mista fires his bullets, so what I was thinking was that maybe there's a limit to how times Diavolo can use King Crimson's time skips after every use. Maybe during the time when Mista is firing his bullets, Diavolo wasn't able to use a time skip after having already used it during the Silver Chariot Requiem fight. Though I could be wrong about that since it's been years reading Parte 5.
Joshua Davis: Especially when it's ******' JustKeepThatInMind, the dude does rants about bird **** and trees! How the **** can you take the man's words seriously!
Juice Fan: Betcha didn't know that?! That is why I am the ultimate Darknessthecurse FANBOY!
Kira Kira
Evolved Stand

Postby Kira Kira » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Perhaps. He did mention that he only skipped half a second, as opposed to, say, 5 or 10 seconds (not that he would've particularly needed to skip a full 10 seconds, though).
SquiDPlatinum
Newborn

Postby SquiDPlatinum » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:25 am

I am not fully up-to-date with part 5 but I know the gist of what happens in it so if i'm wrong feel free to correct me. Could it simply be that Diavolo was panicking? Even if he knew that he would be unaffected could it just be a natural human response to dodge out of the way?
「Gureto Daze」

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 4-5-6”