In this month Jojolion..(chapter 64, April 2017)

All the infos you need about part 7 aka SBR and 8 aka Jojolion! Warning: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
diego6251
Beginner

In this month Jojolion..(chapter 64, April 2017)

Postby diego6251 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:42 am

Dreams
Beginner

Re: In this month Jojolion..(chapter 64, April 2017)

Postby Dreams » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Thanks for the link.

Holy shit new enemies? Also glad they revealed what Kaato did. Figured it was something like that.
Joker
Evolved Stand

Postby Joker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Wow, so much popping off in this chapter. Completely took me by surprise.

So as expected circumstances surrounding the death of the child and Kaato's involvement was more complicated than first seemed. Nice to see Giorno go from bully hunter to plain old bully in the new universe. I immediately saw Joubin awakening Speed King when the whole arson thing came up.

So Joubin may not be the main antagonist after all, if Dolomite's word can be trusted. I wasn't expecting the "gofer" comment, but maybe Joubin's speech about climbing up in society will allow him to become more important.

For a second I totally thought the bus driver was gonna be the next Stand user, only for the Plant Appraiser to take the wheel. He kinda looks like Sandman now which is kinda cool and would fit thematically.

Man, this chapter really snuck up on me, but now I can't wait for the next one!!!
puubutt
Beginner

Postby puubutt » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:35 pm

I was actually expecting that flashback, but it only means that kaato is completely innocent. (from what we know) So she is probably not going to be any of the antagonists in the future. I'm really happy how this story is turning out, the only thing that is bothering me is how the plant appraiser knew they were coming? Especially on that bus? I don't think anyone told him?

By the way wasn't Jobin supposed to be wearing girl clothes as a child? I think they said all the oldest sons had to.
frankzappa
Made in Heaven

Postby frankzappa » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:08 pm

i found this chapter a little hard to follow.
has joubins childhood memory problems been mentioned before? why did killing that kid make them go away? why would just burying the kid do anything? shouldn't joubin have been wearing girl clothes? why do kaato and norisuke seem to hate each other?

i can't quite tell if these are new mysteries or i just haven't put the pieces together properly.
ImageImageImage
RMDR
Newborn

Postby RMDR » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:16 am

frankzappa wrote:has joubins childhood memory problems been mentioned before? why did killing that kid make them go away? why would just burying the kid do anything? shouldn't joubin have been wearing girl clothes? why do kaato and norisuke seem to hate each other?

I had to go back and reread chapters 27-29 to get this, but one of the symptoms of the Higashikata family's curse is that the firstborn starts losing his memory when he starts turning into stone. Norisuke's mother saved him from the stone curse by taking him to the shrine and transferring the curse to herself, so Joubin probably did the same thing by taking the bully to the shrine. Burying the kid was not part of the process, but they probably did it anyways to hide the evidence.

Kaato hates Norisuke for divorcing her after she got arrested (ch 58), and for not helping her when she was accused of murder. Norisuke probably hates Kaato because she killed a kid and kept it a secret from him.

puubutt wrote:I was actually expecting that flashback, but it only means that kaato is completely innocent. (from what we know) So she is probably not going to be any of the antagonists in the future.

I don't think that's the case at all. From what this chapter says, the kid was still alive after Joubin attacked him with Speed King, but Kaato decided on her own to have Joubin transfer his curse to the kid. Based on what she says in the flashback, it seemed like she was originally supposed to be sacrificed to remove Joubin's curse, so she might've done what she did partly to save herself as well.

Not sure about why Joubin wasn't wearing girl's clothes. Might have to chalk that one up to because araki.
Hamtaro_X
Newborn

Postby Hamtaro_X » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 am

Joubin didn't wear girl clothes because the first son wear it until he was 12 and the symptom may occur anytime around pre-teen age. if i'm not mistaken that time joubin was already 12.
diego6251
Beginner

Postby diego6251 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:35 am

I tHink tHat a lot of Questions and misteries will remain unanswered in Jojolion.
Joker
Evolved Stand

Postby Joker » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:54 am

The other possible explanation is that once the symptoms start occurring they abandon the whole crossdressing shtick as in his flashback, Norisuke was wearing boys clothes when he was heavily afflicted with the curse.
Badalight
Stand Requiem

Postby Badalight » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:48 am

I forget... why do they crossdress again...?
mavstation
Beginner

Postby mavstation » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 am

To prevent the curse some how
Hype for rwby volume 5
OneGamer2EnvyThemAll
Stand User

Postby OneGamer2EnvyThemAll » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:53 pm

The curse targets firstborn son. As girls are an exception, the curse can be "fooled" somehow into not targeting the boy by crossdressing him.
Coming Soon:
Divine Punishment
Not-So-Magical
The Doll Shop Maiden
The King's Wives
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:50 pm

OneGamer2EnvyThemAll wrote:The curse targets firstborn son. As girls are an exception, the curse can be "fooled" somehow into not targeting the boy by crossdressing him.

False. Curse target all firstborns.
Boys always fall ill at 10.
Girls fall ill at random. That's why Rina turned to stone as an adult.

Anyway, 8/10 chapter. Liked the flashback a lot, not on the level of Diego's or Ringo's but good. Never had an Aggripina-like character like that. I like Kaato. Everything is so morally ambiguous about her, it's really great to see that but also the negative influence she's had on Jobin.
Overall it's still a transitional chapter where a lot is set up but not elaborated upon, so wait and see for that second group of people interested in the Rokakaka.
I hope we learn the plant appraiser's name in the next chapter though, he looks cool, now.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
onibaku
Beginner

Postby onibaku » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:43 am

But Rina is not a firstborn, why she felt ill?

and then, there's something not yet clear: Do the Joestars have the same disease of the Higashikatas?

Because, here, Norisuke says the two families share the same fate

http://i2.mangareader.net/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-8-jojolion/27/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-8-jojolion-4732169.jpg

(in this case, did Joseph, Josefumi and Yoshikage (all firstborns) ever felt ill?

But here we see that is not like a disease, but more like a theft of organs in order to SIMULATE the rock disease

(the rock disease symptoms are memory loss and rock like skin, but the doctors talk about absence of kidney, lungs and gall bladder...)
Joker
Evolved Stand

Postby Joker » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:48 pm

The whole crossdressing thing seems to be an old Higashikata tradition that clearly doesn't work, but I guess they are desperate enough to avoid having to sacrifice something that they keep doing it until the symptoms manifest.

We really don't know when, how or why the curse happened. Without that it's hard to judge, but it seems that the Joestar family side suffers slightly differently from the Higashikata side.

Interestingly, I tried looking but I don't see Kaato having her Zig-zagyy eyes in this flashback. Though I suppose that's only natural since she wasn't directly involved with the Equivalent-Exchange process like I thought.

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 7-8 aka SBR/JoJolion”