In this month Jojolion...(chapter 66, June 2017)

All the infos you need about part 7 aka SBR and 8 aka Jojolion! Warning: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
puubutt
Beginner

In this month Jojolion...(chapter 66, June 2017)

Postby puubutt » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:26 pm

The new chapter is out on batoto

I'm super surprised the appraiser turned out to not be as goofy as I imagined :^\ Hopefully Yasuho doesn't get hurt in the next chapter
Carolina AIR FORCE
Stand User

Re: In this month Jojolion...(chapter 66, June 2017)

Postby Carolina AIR FORCE » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:36 am

:rohan
Last edited by Carolina AIR FORCE on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JOHN3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞ ✞✞✞✞✞✞✞ ✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

In my mind I'm gone to Carolina
ColonelMagenta943
Stand Requiem

Postby ColonelMagenta943 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:13 pm

:iggya :iggya

I enjoyed this chapter, nice to see some progress (then again I did binge read the last couple of chapters in one go).
"It's all in the game" Omar Little
"I'd rather betray the world, then let the world betray me" Cao Cao
Carolina AIR FORCE
Stand User

Postby Carolina AIR FORCE » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:52 pm

:jotaro.

I would first like to preface this by saying I have known of Jojo since I was a child, and even had the honor of placing 20th in the Jojo Royale, and being the only non japanese to have attained that high of a position almost 5 years ago, making myself the #1 fan recognized officially by Jojo Royale born and living in the western world, confirmed by an event sanctioned by Araki himself. I tell you the truth before God's Christ and Heaven's Eyes, I am some one who devoted years of my life to these things, and received recognition officially before their eyes, I have not lied concerning this, and therefore am not ignorant of them and ask that you carefully hear me out.

I have fell in love with the peculiar and beautiful nation of Japan, and idealise them, preferring them and amazed of their separateness and contrast to the rest of the world. The careful practice of their manners and arts, of the which it is easy to see they are sophisticated and not unlearned people, neither are they ignorant. And knowing this, how that through Emperors that are beyond reproach they have put to silence rebellions that would seem to be destructive to them, although loyal and common Japanese men have martyred themselves in an attempt to discover destructive practices of their own Kings unto their own country men, not for their own glory, but rather for the whole of them and the preservation of justice and truth, despising their own shame, not regarding their own life, that they might ensure the welfare of others for theirs and following generations, for no one has greater love than this that he give his own life for his friends. And I say this, I love Japan, and please understand this was not constructed out of malice to dishonor them, but rather birthed out of many tears and thoughtful prayer, and thus so should be considered the highest form of patriotism, that I pursue the honor and welfare of the nation of Japan which I love, for I can hardly bare to see you continue on in this way.

So if you read my thread on the bible influence in jojo, knowing this ,that it is not a final authority on the matter but rather the Holy Bible itself, is that I mentioned the connection between Prince's 1999 and the Mark of the beast, 666, according to the King James Bible, and also revealed by many other Christians before me who saw the lawlessness of men in high places practising spiritual wickedness, which is Christ's enemy and the enemy of Christianity itself. This number is said to be how you can identify him, because it is said, let him that has wisdom count the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666. This month, June, the 6th month of the year, and it is issue 66. Now given that Araki takes hiatus without notice, it seems to me that this was absolutely intentional to make chapter 66 be released in the month of June, with this photo capture of Araki holding the Prince album and Snoop Dogg side by side, what with his right hand underlining 1999 upside down, making it appear to be 666, next to the Doggy Style album, which was revealed in chapter 66... I have to ask when this was recorded? It was in early 2013.

Forgive me for questioning someone who is above our reproach, but I find it increasingly contradictory of a country such as Japan to so viciously oppose the Faith of Christianity and be 99.9 percent non christian, but also to so strongly embrace the anti-Christ culture which comes from the same western world, which promotes riot and excess, drunkenness and immorality, lies, deceit, murders and adultery, prostitution, anger without cause, malice, envy and every evil work that is under the sun or otherwise hidden in the dark and secret places where men drown themselves in bloody oaths committed against their own soul, not only promoting the same but having pleasure in them that do them, lifting up their eyes in pride for their haughtiness, taking pride in those things which are not convenient not only are despicable to the pure of heart, but condemning the just and upright in spirit and despising the unsearchable riches of the Grace our Lord Jesus Christ. Did not He also bear on the cross the sins of the Whole World, and also cause His disciples to freely offer this forgiveness, forever swearing the promise of eternal life by His own name, for He could swear by no higher a name than The Lord Jesus Christ who gave Himself for us all, saying to them, Believe on The Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved and thy house, and also, for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life, for God sent not His Son in to the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved.

If Japan is truly the honorable country they present themselves to be, and proud of their own culture and personal history, yet fearful of outside change and influence, why is it that they have chosen to knowingly embrace an Anti-Christian Beast like culture from the western world, cursing their modern generation with the overflow of a godless army of anti-Christ false saviors, glorifying them even as God Himself, but denying His own Son, lifting these evil men committed to devious craft up, even in the eyes of the young children perverting and brain washing them with evil thoughts and poisoning them from their cradles and not only ignoring the destructive abominations of them but even saying that it is a good and wholesome thing for them all, full well rejecting the glory of Jesus Christ that was revealed from heaven to them and crucifying to themselves that glorious holy book and The Word of God that not only can save their entire country from dishonor and oblivious destruction, but can even establish them as a holy people that is of true honor which comes from God only, even above all the rest of the earth in the evil times we live in?

Because I say to you that Jonah also lived in the days of Nineveh, when God had prepared to destroy their city and their remembrance of them from the earth forever because their wickedness had rose up before Him, and Jonah also fled from his duty to preach the Word, and God led him into the belly of the whale 3 days and 3 nights, and after Jonah prayed earnestly the whale had freed him, and after that when he had cried to that great city Nineveh, yet 40 days and Nineneveh shall be overthrown, was it not the King of Nineveh himself who proclaimed a fast after that they had believed God and His prophet, that from the greatest even to the least of them should repent in sack cloth and ashes , turning from their evil ways and crying mightily to God that He save their city, and because the King gave commandment, did not all of them fear this King so that even they caused their cattle to fast in repentance before The Lord, that even the cattle would not appear presumptuous before God? For in times past the will of this King allowed these abominations, and his nation feared him, but after that a greater King than he, that is to say The King of Kings that created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them appeared unto him, for His prophet appeared unto them, His fear had fell upon all of them to the uttermost. For our God is a consuming fire, He causes the earth to shake, the waves to roar, the mighty storm and the tempest, the glory of His power being a mighty fearful thing to behold. And if it is so that God and His prophet appeared to them, is it not also true that The King was knowledgeable of The Word of Truth and His appearing, and being knowledgeable of His Words, is he now not only responsible to his own country for these abominations he now knows to be against The Most High God, but also that he is guilty before God and all his nation if he hold his peace from them, knowing that after a short while God had promised to destroy them all, except they turn to Him?

For I say to you that a greater than Jonah has already come, and after 3 days He rose from the dead. If it so was that God had mercy on this city wherein were many thousands and also much cattle, how much more then shall God save the nation of Japan if they shall do the same, wherein millions of people live? Who then is that King of wisdom and knowledge , that his influence is beyond reproach, for he gives the King 's commandment, and who is a man of understanding to see that the times are evil, and the days are short and even numbered? Who is that great and mighty king of Nineveh, who is the prophet that is sent unto them and who is his God? Many have run to and fro through out the earth and have increased in knowledge, and I say to you that it was by the Holy Spirit of the God of Israel that caused Daniel to bless King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, and said to him, Oh King, live forever!
Last edited by Carolina AIR FORCE on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
frankzappa
Made in Heaven

Postby frankzappa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Carolina AIR FORCE wrote::jotaro.

I would first like to preface this by saying I have known of Jojo since I was a child, and even had the honor of placing 20th in the Jojo Royale, and being the only non japanese to have attained that high of a position almost 5 years ago, making myself the #1 fan recognized officially by Jojo Royale born and living in the western world, confirmed by an event sanctioned by Araki himself. I tell you the truth before God's Christ and Heaven's Eyes, I am some one who devoted years of my life to these things, and received recognition officially before their eyes, I have not lied concerning this, and therefore am not ignorant of them and ask that you carefully hear me out.

I have fell in love with the peculiar and beautiful nation of Japan, and idealise them, preferring them and amazed of their separateness and contrast to the rest of the world. The careful practice of their manners and arts, of the which it is easy to see they are sophisticated and not unlearned people, neither are they ignorant. And knowing this, how that through Emperors that are beyond reproach they have put to silence rebellions that would seem to be destructive to them, although loyal and common Japanese men have martyred themselves in an attempt to discover destructive practices of their own Kings unto their own country men, not for their own glory, but rather for the whole of them and the preservation of justice and truth, despising their own shame, not regarding their own life, that they might ensure the welfare of others for theirs and following generations, for no one has greater love than this that he give his own life for his friends. And I say this, I love Japan, and please understand this was not constructed out of malice to dishonor them, but rather birthed out of many tears and thoughtful prayer, and thus so should be considered the highest form of patriotism, that I pursue the honor and welfare of the nation of Japan which I love, for I can hardly bare to see you continue on in this way.

So if you read my thread on the bible influence in jojo, knowing this ,that it is not a final authority on the matter but rather the Holy Bible itself, is that I mentioned the connection between Prince's 1999 and the Mark of the beast, 666, according to the King James Bible, and also revealed by many other Christians before me who saw the lawlessness of men in high places practising spiritual wickedness, which is Christ's enemy and the enemy of Christianity itself. This number is said to be how you can identify him, because it is said, let him that has wisdom count the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666. This month, June, the 6th month of the year, and it is issue 66. Now given that Araki takes hiatus without notice, it seems to me that this was absolutely intentional to make chapter 66 be released in the month of June, with this photo capture of Araki holding the Prince album and Snoop Dogg side by side, what with his right hand underlining 1999 upside down, making it appear to be 666, next to the Doggy Style album, which was revealed in chapter 66... I have to ask when this was recorded?

Forgive me for questioning someone who is above our reproach, but I find it increasingly contradictory of a country such as Japan to so viciously oppose the Faith of Christianity and be 99.9 percent non christian, but also to so strongly embrace the anti-Christ culture which comes from the same western world, which promotes riot and excess, drunkenness and immorality, lies, deceit, murders and adultery, prostitution, anger without cause, malice, envy and every evil work that is under the sun or otherwise hidden in the dark and secret places where men drown themselves in bloody oaths committed against their own soul, not only promoting the same but having pleasure in them that do them, lifting up their eyes in pride for their haughtiness, taking pride in those things which are not convenient not only are despicable to the pure of heart, but condemning the just and upright in spirit and despising the unsearchable riches of the Grace our Lord Jesus Christ. Did not He also bear on the cross the sins of the Whole World, and also cause His disciples to freely offer this forgiveness, forever swearing the promise of eternal life by His own name, for He could swear by no higher a name than The Lord Jesus Christ who gave Himself for us all, saying to them, Believe on The Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved and thy house, and also, for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life, for God sent not His Son in to the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved.

If Japan is truly the honorable country they present themselves to be, and proud of their own culture and personal history, yet fearful of outside change and influence, why is it that they have chosen to knowingly embrace an Anti-Christian Beast like culture from the western world, cursing their modern generation with the overflow of a godless army of anti-Christ false saviors, glorifying them even as God Himself, but denying His own Son, lifting these evil men committed to devious craft up, even in the eyes of the young children perverting and brain washing them with evil thoughts and poisoning them from their cradles and not only ignoring the destructive abominations of them but even saying that it is a good and wholesome thing for them all, full well rejecting the glory of Jesus Christ that was revealed from heaven to them and crucifying to themselves that glorious holy book and The Word of God that not only can save their entire country from dishonor and oblivious destruction, but can even establish them as a holy people that is of true honor which comes from God only, even above all the rest of the earth in the evil times we live in?

Because I say to you that Jonah also lived in the days of Nineveh, when God had prepared to destroy their city and their remembrance of them from the earth forever because their wickedness had rose up before Him, and Jonah also fled from his duty to preach the Word, and God led him into the belly of the whale 3 days and 3 nights, and after Jonah prayed earnestly the whale had freed him, and after that when he had cried to that great city Nineveh, yet 40 days and Nineneveh shall be overthrown, was it not the King of Nineveh himself who proclaimed a fast after that they had believed God and His prophet, that from the greatest even to the least of them should repent in sack cloth and ashes , turning from their evil ways and crying mightily to God that He save their city, and because the King gave commandment, did not all of them fear this King so that even they caused their cattle to fast in repentance before The Lord, that even the cattle would not appear presumptuous before God? For in times past the will of this King allowed these abominations, and his nation feared him, but after that a greater King than he, that is to say The King of Kings that created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them appeared unto him, for His prophet appeared unto them, His fear had fell upon all of them to the uttermost. For our God is a consuming fire, He causes the earth to shake, the waves to roar, the mighty storm and the tempest, the glory of His power being a mighty fearful thing to behold. And if it is so that God and His prophet appeared to them, is it not also true that The King was knowledgeable of The Word of Truth and His appearing, and being knowledgeable of His Words, is he now not only responsible to his own country for these abominations he now knows to be against The Most High God, but also that he is guilty before God and all his nation if he hold his peace from them, knowing that after a short while God had promised to destroy them all, except they turn to Him?

For I say to you that a greater than Jonah has already come, and after 3 days He rose from the dead. If it so was that God had mercy on this city wherein were many thousands and also much cattle, how much more then shall God save the nation of Japan if they shall do the same, wherein millions of people live? Who then is that King of wisdom and knowledge , that his influence is beyond reproach, for he gives the King 's commandment, and who is a man of understanding to see that the times are evil, and the days are short and even numbered? Who is that great and mighty king of Nineveh, who is the prophet that is sent unto them and who is his God? Many have run to and fro through out the earth and have increased in knowledge, and I say to you that it was by the Holy Spirit of the God of Israel that caused Daniel to bless King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, and said to him, Oh King, live forever!

Holy . Fucking . Shit

This reads like a manifesto from someone with severe paranoid schizophrenia.

I hope for the sake of your mental health this is a copypasta or a joke.

Why would you post this here anyway?
ImageImageImage
Carolina AIR FORCE
Stand User

Postby Carolina AIR FORCE » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:22 pm

You mean the part about being the number 1 jojo fan in the non japanese western world ( I am an American) according to the official Jojo Royale the very 1st world wide contest for the purpose of finding the biggest jojo fan in the world? Yeah that happened, my Grandfather died a week after my birthday when I turned 24, around the same time they had the part where you had to guess the order of the jojos from the picture Araki drew just for the contest. He was special to me, a Navy vet just like my other grandfather, and a Christian, his death made me examine my own life, and so I became a Christian. I made lots of Japanese friends during the several months it went on too, and one guy sent me a picture screen shot of the drawing in question, basically showing me the winning combination, they wanted me to win, as it were, and I am not sure how he got such a clear picture of the drawing but regardless I felt very convicted by God not to continue in the contest, as that would be cheating, so I publicly admitted that I refused to cheat and receive honor for it knowing that the contest itself was a giant fraud and a disgrace. It seemed to make them kinda mad...talking to them about Jesus all of a sudden ,but that did happen. They weren't too happy about me being a Christian either. So I would have placed even higher but I dropped out of the race to retain my honor, by not cheating. Either way when I saw the contest results I was placed 20th, and of the list I was the only person with a non Japanese name that was anywhere close to the top, so I guess that makes me #1? Actually I am not just guessing, I am telling you that I am because I know it to be true. Not that it really matters, I don't put my trust in lifeless idols anymore, because they have no real power. But to answer your question no I am not joking. Maybe if everyone spoke truth to his neighbor instead of lies... Also I used to be known as thestarwriters. I made lots of videos on YouTube of Jojo chapters with music set to it, and also predicted that Josuke from Jojolion would be related to Kira but also be the Hero, from a music reference I had made a theory surrounding David Bowie's Heroes and Jojolion, From only using the part 8 reveal picture of the mysterious sailor Jojo. When it was revealed in chapter 2, they began to call him Kira, and it shocked everyone because I was right even before chapter 1 was released, among other great and incredible things. Did you notice the snakes that Josuke saw in the Fun Fun Fun arc? Those are California King Snakes, and the next part you have the stand California King Bed, but I just didn't say anything then. People love mystery, but it's even more incredible when you can Columbo the whole thing like a boss. Someone reuploaded that Pet Shop video I made with Go West, but I had made tons of them. They are gone now, but they were kind of popular.

Also the part about Jesus being the Christ? That's not a joke Either, and one day even you will have to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father according to my faith, but that's another story to be continued at another time and another place.
Last edited by Carolina AIR FORCE on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
JOHN3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞ ✞✞✞✞✞✞✞ ✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

puubutt
Beginner

Postby puubutt » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:06 pm

:kakyoin
Dude, post this somewhere in an off-topic forum or something, this topic is for this weeks jojolion
frankzappa
Made in Heaven

Postby frankzappa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Didn't you make a thread specifically for your weird obsessions?

Post that stuff there not here, i'd like to live my life without reading anymore of your crazy rambling posts.
ImageImageImage
Carolina AIR FORCE
Stand User

Postby Carolina AIR FORCE » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:25 am

You want to discuss a book with 66 chapters? Do you want to examine it thoroughly, and produce your strong reasons? You want to dedicate your life to it?

Well you might consider what Jojo really is, as I have pointed out, for years, even before Jojolion I was talking about the bible to fans of jojo, though I did not understand my faith how I do now, but I can tell you watching Araki blaspheme Christ continually has eaten me up with the zeal of my house.

My name is Jacob, and The Lord is my God, and I got a book for you to read and study to discuss and consider with 66 chapters, it is called [ISAIAH]
Last edited by Carolina AIR FORCE on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Maybe if we only answer with "Hail Satan", carolina will go away on his own.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
frankzappa
Made in Heaven

Postby frankzappa » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:02 pm

IKKI is this enough to ban him yet?
ImageImageImage
puubutt
Beginner

Postby puubutt » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:20 pm

It's funny because Araki himself said he was raised Christian and he thinks Araki is "blaspheming" Christ. Calm down dude. :jolyne2

On the other hand, what do you guys think will happen to Yasuho?
Nabu-san
Made in Heaven

Postby Nabu-san » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:51 pm

Funniest thing that could happen is that Rai just let the chairlift take him and Josuke further away from Yasuho.
Josuke should just say fuck it and jump down to save Yasuho, after punching Rai down the lift too.
信じてるぜ!
信じてるよ!
オインゴ ボインゴ 兄弟 !
Carolina AIR FORCE
Stand User

Postby Carolina AIR FORCE » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:35 pm

puubutt wrote:
It's funny because Araki himself said he was raised Christian and he thinks Araki is "blaspheming" Christ. Calm down dude. :jolyne2

On the other hand, what do you guys think will happen to Yasuho?

That he knows better is exactly my point... However he does not seem to be a believer now, and there are plenty of people who went to private schools with a religion attached to it and they never became a believer.

Also ... Satan is the father of lies; in case you did not know , the devil is a bad guy. Fortunately Christ has already triumphed.

Anyway, we will see what happens, what a cliff hanger!

Thanks PB for that, I found the interview you were referring to so I will let it speak for itself. He does say he reads the Bible everyday, I wonder if that really is true? He also claimed he does not believe in God here, but that there is something, which is awfully unclear. But even so there were certain Jews that believed on Christ but didn't speak of Him openly for fear of their life, and they were saved. Nicodemus was a Pharisee that believed in Jesus, and met him secretly at night , in John 3, where the most famous verse from the NT is found John 3:16. Also in John 12 it says Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. They will be saved because of their faith, but God will not be able to use them for the Kingdom of Heaven's mission as effectively, as say Paul who was a Pharisee, sacrificed all that he had gained as a Pharisee that he might gain Christ and a more glorious resurrection. I can imagine that even if Araki really was a Christian, him openly talking about it could be risky, but you never know until you have faith enough to do so; who can tell what God can do through the witness of 1 man? The Bible certainly knows the answer to that.

Araki: Speaking of settings, I went to a Christian school. That’s why I read the Bible every day and that particular way of thinking got ingrained in my brain.

Kaneko: Is that so! Was it a Catholic school?

Araki: No, it was a Protestant one. As a kid, I thought “What the…?” at the disciple’s betrayal, but as an adult I understood how important it was. Different kinds of literary works also have their roots in it, and I’ve come to understand all kinds of allusions. However, in my case, rather than believing in God, I believe something exists. It’s difficult to say it concretely, but it includes destiny. Because of that, if the basis of my works doesn’t have that kind of thing, they become something scary. “Why am I drawing manga?”, stuff like that. Am I doing it in order to earn money or to impress women? In time, they become terrible things to feel. But if I have fairness and humanity, I persevere.

Kaneko: Indeed, if you don’t have human love, you can’t draw. It’s obviously fine if you can get money out of this as well though (laughs). But doing it just for this is not right.

Araki: You definitely need it in order to continue, don’t you think?

Kaneko: It also gets difficult when you start thinking “Why do people exist?”.

Araki: You reach this question when you draw about things like destiny – “Why is this person here?”. If you’re attached to the protagonist,the question gets even more important. The people who make RPGs feel that to an even higher degree, right?

Kaneko: That’s right. We think about the inevitable fate of the characters. Don’t animals exist on the earth freely? Earthworms exist to clean the soil, isn’t their purpose to leave descendants? However, only humans do something different.

Araki: But if that kind of world comes to the surface, then it’s no good. We shouldn’t see the lowest of the lowest. However, if they didn’t exist, then it would get even worse. Not only manga, but also music and just about everything.
Last edited by Carolina AIR FORCE on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Velvet Underground
Stand Warrior

Postby Velvet Underground » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:50 am

So there's still people caring about Jojolion ? Interesting.

I totally lost faith in this one. Plot is like unexistent, moving wayyyyy too slow, characters just lacking of charisma, useless Stands...
Carolina AIR FORCE
Stand User

Postby Carolina AIR FORCE » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:35 pm

Velvet Underground wrote:So there's still people caring about Jojolion ? Interesting.

I totally lost faith in this one. Plot is like unexistent, moving wayyyyy too slow, characters just lacking of charisma, useless Stands...

Yes there are still people that follow Araki's work , what an absurd observation. I am pretty sure jojo lion by itself has lots of great reviews awards and fanfare and sales in Japan.

Speaking of Jojolion, can anyone here explain to me the etymology of the word jojolion, hasn't Araki himself explained what it means yet? I remember when I first heard of it it made me think of the animal Lion, but would like to know what Araki himself says about it.

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞ ✞✞✞✞✞✞✞ ✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

frankzappa
Made in Heaven

Postby frankzappa » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Carolina AIR FORCE wrote:
Velvet Underground wrote:So there's still people caring about Jojolion ? Interesting.

Yes there are still people that follow Araki's work , what an absurd observation. I am pretty sure jojo lion by itself has lots of great reviews awards and fanfare and sales in Japan.

Speaking of Jojolion, can anyone here explain to me the etymology of the word jojolion, hasn't Araki himself explained what it means yet? I remember when I first heard of it it made me think of the animal Lion, but would like to know what Araki himself says about it.

A mixture of jojo and the "lion" from evangelion, meaning blessed or evangelized iirc.
ImageImageImage
Carolina AIR FORCE
Stand User

Postby Carolina AIR FORCE » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:44 pm

frankzappa wrote:A mixture of jojo and the "lion" from evangelion, meaning blessed or evangelized iirc.

Evangelion like the manga, or Evangelist like someone who seeks to convert someone to the Christian faith by preaching the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ? I know this is a manga too and also...
Jesus is a part if SBR and Jojolion
but what I am asking here is can you show me where Araki said that?

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞ ✞✞✞✞✞✞✞ ✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

puubutt
Beginner

Postby puubutt » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:35 pm

It's on the volume 2 cover of jojolion. Araki said
The "lion" in the title"Jojolion" means things like "blessed thing", "evangelistic", and "commemorative seal". It's a word from ancient Greek or something like that. By combining this word with "Jojo", I've meant for the title to signify the existence of the protagonist "Josuke" in this world. It's also used in the name of the tragic king in a Greek myth called "Pygmalion" as well as the Japanese animation "Evangelion", but I'm not sure if it has to do with the same idea.
Carolina AIR FORCE
Stand User

Postby Carolina AIR FORCE » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:31 am

puubutt wrote:It's on the volume 2 cover of jojolion. Araki said
The "lion" in the title"Jojolion" means things like "blessed thing", "evangelistic", and "commemorative seal". It's a word from ancient Greek or something like that. By combining this word with "Jojo", I've meant for the title to signify the existence of the protagonist "Josuke" in this world. It's also used in the name of the tragic king in a Greek myth called "Pygmalion" as well as the Japanese animation "Evangelion", but I'm not sure if it has to do with the same idea.

On the Jojolion wikipedia page I also found this...

According to a note by Araki in volume 2, the -lion in JoJolion's title is derived from the Ancient Greek εὐαγγέλιον (evangelion), in reference to the Gospels. "By combining this word with "JoJo", I've meant for the title to signify the existence of the protagonist "Josuke" in this world".[1]

Something to consider, all 4 Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all collaborate different perspectives of the same event, and these different views are for the sake of compiling together The Truth. It is knowing how the differences in them are collaborating to the same conclusion is how you find that they are the telling the truth, much like in a court case you use collaborating evidence to prove something. The 4 Gospels, were originally written in Koine Greek, which at the time was a common language, much the same way as English is today.

So this name Jojolion signifies Josuke's existence in the world? Being a Christian, I can't help but remember how the plot point about
Johnny and Jesus
has been unanswered since it was brought up, it seems that part 8 being a Mystery story it progressively reveals new truths that nullify what was previously learned, or thought to be true.

And considering the purpose of a forum, a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Much like the agoras of the ancient Greeks, the Romans also had forums, the most important one being the one right down the block from the Roman Coliseum. Lots of activities were done there, and it was a place, as my tour guide explained to me when I was there, that the contemporary minds, leading political figures and the great intellectual minds of the day would exchange thoughts and ideas with each other, not only that they could promote their own ideas, but that they could better understand each other and come to conclusions that better explained the truth, assuming that they were not doing them for selfish reasons but that they might reach a conclusion and an end to debate, for the betterment of society as a whole seeking the welfare of others that the truth might be embraced, and ignorance put to rest, being an unnecessary evil to strife in a world that should otherwise be at peace.

I would say that this description of Jojolion having somewhat to do with The Gospels, to be true, as I myself have seen similarities, although this is obviously a work of fiction, and is an idol. Maybe the studying of the Gospels would help us better understand this story? Apart from that observation, we do know for certain as Araki said, that the name Jojolion signifies the protagonist Josuke's existence in the world.

Pygmalion the greek myth...
In Ovid's narrative, Pygmalion was a Cypriot sculptor who carved a woman out of ivory. According to Ovid, after seeing the Propoetides he was "not interested in women",[1] but his statue was so beautiful and realistic that he fell in love with it.

In time, Aphrodite's festival day came, and Pygmalion made offerings at the altar of Aphrodite. There, too scared to admit his desire, he quietly wished for a bride who would be "the living likeness of my ivory girl." When he returned home, he kissed his ivory statue, and found that its lips felt warm. He kissed it again, and found that the ivory had lost its hardness. Aphrodite had granted Pygmalion's wish.

Pygmalion married the ivory sculpture changed to a woman under Aphrodite's blessing. In Ovid's narrative, they had a daughter, Paphos, from whom the city's name is derived.

So it would seem to be that Jojolion has something to do with a creation of art, that actually becomes someone real,
and that the nature of how Josuke was created is not a natural birth, but that one day he may be liberated from himself that was put together by someone else's doings, so that his [Curse] is broken? Remember the vision he had of the man at the wall eyes? Perhaps this person did this to create Josuke out of a combination of something so that he would have no memory of himself anymore, and that Araki pointing to Pygmalion shows that part 8 is about Josuke breaking the curse, much like someone that is made out of stone. This also brings to mind the rock people... which at the time volume 2 was released was not very clear of their existence.

✞✞✞✞✞✞✞ ✞✞✞✞✞✞✞ ✞✞✞✞✞✞✞

Return to “JoJo Manga Parts 7-8 aka SBR/JoJolion”