Samurai Jack

Shows, music, art and culture, everything goes here!
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Samurai Jack

Postby Gee Bone » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Have you guys been checking out the new season?
“HANDLE ENOUGH BALLS AND EVENTUALLY YOU'll GET THE MONEY SHOT” “GET IT?” “BALLS?”
mavstation
Beginner

Re: Samurai Jack

Postby mavstation » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:56 pm

I have it is good so far but i need to finish episode 4
I love the animation and art direction this series the color pallets in the monster belly kinda reminded me of jojo
You know i would put something about my basis but then that wouldn't be funny would it
So instead here is a johnny
Orochi_Otaku
Made in Heaven

Postby Orochi_Otaku » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm

The new series has blown my mind.

I will admit it feels alittle odd whenever someone gets killed in the show. I think its because back then the show only had robots getting killed and with the series being more adult, it feel alittle off. Its not a bad thing, in fact, I think it advances the plot pretty well since jack references that he's mostly been killing robots and when faced with actual people, it has a huge psychological affect on him.

"I'd rather live as free as a Crow Than as a Bird in a cage who has forgotten how to Fly."
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:52 pm

The new episode almost made me cry, lol
“HANDLE ENOUGH BALLS AND EVENTUALLY YOU'll GET THE MONEY SHOT” “GET IT?” “BALLS?”
Orochi_Otaku
Made in Heaven

Postby Orochi_Otaku » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Same here.

Almost like a trip down memory lane

"I'd rather live as free as a Crow Than as a Bird in a cage who has forgotten how to Fly."
mavstation
Beginner

Postby mavstation » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:40 am

I felt it was a bit disappointing though i did like the ending and the animation looked great as always
and i especially love the blue and red 70s style jack kinda want a comic of it
You know i would put something about my basis but then that wouldn't be funny would it
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:21 pm

mavstation wrote:I felt it was a bit disappointing though i did like the ending and the animation looked great as always
and i especially love the blue and red 70s style jack kinda want a comic of it

Why disappointing?
mavstation
Beginner

Postby mavstation » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:00 am

eh i felt some of the stuff in it was just kinda fan service-y is all and i felt the last episode was better (they were similar but different) and though i liked the ending i kinda wish that the mysterious samurai was just in jack's head. Though i saw stuff about it on twitter and i was just kinda over hyped about it maybe. It isn't bad mind you just not my cup of tea.
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Finally, Jack is gonna get his sword back. This is gonna be great
mavstation
Beginner

Postby mavstation » Mon May 01, 2017 8:42 pm

I enjoyed episode seven a lot. However i dont think jack should've gotten his old design. I dunno why though, but good episode overall especially in sound design with the tea section
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Mon May 01, 2017 10:59 pm

mavstation wrote:I enjoyed episode seven a lot. However i dont think jack should've gotten his old design. I dunno why though, but good episode overall especially in sound design with the tea section

I agree, they should have come up with something new.
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Mon May 01, 2017 11:00 pm

This series has been getting compared to Berserk a lot, btw, and I love that.
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Sun May 07, 2017 1:26 am

Well, this episode pissed off a lot of people, lol.

So, apparently, Ashi and Jack are now an official couple. Fans felt that it was rushed, and the sexual tension in the episode was cringe worthy. Personally, I was one of the fans who wanted them to be in a father/daughter relationship, but I was fine with either happening, since they have been through a lot together, and they have good chemistry, so it's whatever to me
mavstation
Beginner

Postby mavstation » Sun May 07, 2017 2:05 pm

My thoughts on the episode

I wouldn't have issues with this episode if it wasnt for the fact that jack is 70-80 years old. He might not look like it but the age gap is way to big for my tastes.
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Sun May 07, 2017 2:58 pm

mavstation wrote:My thoughts on the episode

I wouldn't have issues with this episode if it wasnt for the fact that jack is 70-80 years old. He might not look like it but the age gap is way to big for my tastes.

I'm glad Ashi is of age, but I can see where you're coming from.
mavstation
Beginner

Postby mavstation » Sun May 14, 2017 7:46 am

This episode was pretty good around the end felt the romance stuff was kinda cringey but whatever
OneGamer2EnvyThemAll
Stand User

Postby OneGamer2EnvyThemAll » Sat May 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Someone made a Usagi Drop comparison as a joke, but that's just insulting.

Usagi Drop had a clear father-daughter relationship between Daikichi and Rin for 80% the series, practically starting with Chapter 2 and completely on the level of Sweetness and Lightning and the like. Then Rin grew up and went to high school, and suddenly there's your excuse to show her what love means with a hetero romance plot between a girl and a man almost three times her age.

Ashi, in her interactions with Jack, was never viewed or depicted as being a child. Immature by comparison, but not innocent. From fighting ability to the actual skin-tight suit, she was an adult in all but mind, made even more apparent with her change of outfit.
Yeah, the kiss was waaay too sudden and forced, and the narrative might have benefited more from a father-daughter relationship, but it was only timing. If there was a romance to be had, it had to have been teased and built up BEFORE the episode where the kiss actually happened.

The difference is worlds apart. If you had told the audience of SamJack that
Ashi was going to be romantic love interest when Season 5 was just starting
, some would have been happy, others would have been disappointed, and most would say they saw it coming. If you had told the readers of UD that Rin and Daikichi were gonna get together by the end when the series had just started serialization, they would vomit, or think you have a really dark and not-okay sense of humor, and nobody could have ever seen it coming.
Coming Soon:
Divine Punishment
Another Kind of Magical Girl
The Doll Shop Maiden
Dead Dropper
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Sat May 20, 2017 11:22 pm

Anybody know what website I can watch the final episode?
Gee Bone
Made in Heaven

Postby Gee Bone » Sun May 21, 2017 9:51 pm

That ending :crying :crying :crying
Orochi_Otaku
Made in Heaven

Postby Orochi_Otaku » Thu May 25, 2017 1:58 am

Shit man, that was a pretty heavy ending but at least now there is proper closure to the series

Return to “TV/Movies/Books/Music”